joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 9th-? MW/GL/OV Threat

SpartyOn

• Replies 979
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well if this storm doesn't happen that means JB's call for winter to break around the 14th is postponed again. This is suppose to be the storm to unleash the arctic hounds that would allow the rubber band to snap back the other way around the 14th... We'll see what happens.. CMC had it.. GFS was wishy washy with handling the energy...

Well if this storm doesn't happen that means JB's call for winter to break around the 14th is postponed again. This is suppose to be the storm to unleash the arctic hounds that would allow the rubber band to snap back the other way around the 14th... We'll see what happens.. CMC had it.. GFS was wishy washy with handling the energy...

I have not looked at the EURO but I was told it had went East.

HR 102: 1012 LOW in E. OK

HR 108: 1012 LOW in C. ARK

HR 114: 1012 LOW in the MO boothill area.

HR 120: 1008 LOW in E. IND

HR 126: 1004 LOW in NW Ohio

HR 132: 1000 LOW in W. NY

Nearly identical to the track of the last storm, just a bit weaker.

Chicago, SE MI still get at least 7-8 inches from this though.

Not again. I hope there is a SE trend in this one. Or at least that it's COLDER outside so we don't get another rainstorm. All you NW trenders are going to be the death of me.

HR 102: 1012 LOW in E. OK

HR 108: 1012 LOW in C. ARK

HR 114: 1012 LOW in the MO boothill area.

HR 120: 1008 LOW in E. IND

HR 126: 1004 LOW in NW Ohio

HR 132: 1000 LOW in W. NY

Nearly identical to the track of the last storm, just a bit weaker.

Chicago, SE MI still get at least 7-8 inches from this though.

If I remember correctly the euro had this current storm a bit further Se and the NW trend started. I see that with this one too. No block different pattern. the NW trend lives!

Here's to a track across the lower Ohio Valley. Many of us in IN and OH would like to see at least 1 decent storm lol

I hear ya there. In no way am I complaining and unsatisfied with how this winter has gone but eastern michigan ( might hit a foot today with this storm), eastern indiana most of ohio into western and central PA have yet to see a 12+ storm. Just about everywhere else has.

How odd is it to get 2 lows tracking the similar paths within 5 days of each other or so? No idea if the GOM will be wide open or anything like this one, but I don't recall that happening very often. It starts out in OK (last storm started in S. Texas) but the track is VERY similar if not the same according to the 12z EURO.

How odd is it to get 2 lows tracking the similar paths within 5 days of each other or so? No idea if the GOM will be wide open or anything like this one, but I don't recall that happening very often. It starts out in OK (last storm started in S. Texas) but the track is VERY similar if not the same according to the 12z EURO.

I think the fact that this low occluded and didn't really intensify of the coast helps to keep the current pattern from breaking so early. Sure its brigning down colder air into the plains and great lakes, but it's not pushing the trough so far down south like we saw for most of january. Also the NAo is staying positive so arctic invasions don't last very long. Good to see the lack of bombing lows in the atlantic reinforcing the block and supressing storms coming from the west.

Chicago to Detroit see some nice QPF with the current run..Is the GOM still open for business? Something tells me a NW shift is highly likely with the current pattern. Steveo your right the NAO still would confirm a Western Apps runner or Cleveland cutter..question is will it track in the same fashion as the most recent Blizzard did? Gota get some pro mets in here soon..This system looks as if it has a few tricks up its sleeve. Good or Bad it bears close watching! GOM and perfect dynamic's could be a wild card.

Archived