northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
Feb 9th-? MW/GL/OV Threat

SpartyOn

• Replies 979
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like a no go for the Monday/Tuesday event per the Euro now Weak and snow showers for central OH, in the .10 - .15 range huge difference fropm the 12z run which was .3 - .4.. so Im wondering(I may be wrong) if the Monday system wasnt handled well because of the system today, and if maybe that is what is causing the problem with the Thursday system? Wishful thinking?

Edit: Heavier precip in KY for Monday & Tuesday.

Looks like a no go for the Monday/Tuesday event per the Euro now Weak and snow showers for central OH, in the .10 - .15 range huge difference fropm the 12z run which was .3 - .4.. so Im wondering(I may be wrong) if the Monday system wasnt handled well because of the system today, and if maybe that is what is causing the problem with the Thursday system? Wishful thinking?

Edit: Heavier precip in KY for Monday & Tuesday.

looks east with tuesday....1008 low over wv/va border

Need money or Chicago to post what is happening with it. I cant see the maps but can tell by the mos data that the monday system is further south or east for sure. Would be an OK hit for our PIT friends. 2-4"

Northern stream PV lobe is farther south and the SW s/w is faster...compared to the NAM/GFS.

Overrunning precip is a bit farther north, but it's still pretty much a miss.

Only very light precip into OH for a period.

I never thought that this could come all that far west but i'm suprised by the nonevent out to sea solutions. I'd at least expect an eastcoast event with the strength of the SW coming into the SW along with the orientation of the PV, it really wouldn't take that strong of a northern stream wave/digging to get a decent storm the models just don't have any sort of SW right now to really dig in, could be a data analysis error or it could really just be a nonevent. At this point i'm about 50/50 on this storm i still think that this storm is great for southern midwest/SE, and i think it is a coastal storm i'm just not sure if my earlier thoughts on an inland track will verify.

gfs plays right into what JB loves to claim are it's biases....and if right, would probably yield a further north stronger solution. This is exactly what he'd say about the gfs....

I had Quinn and rose on earlier this week...was talking about global warming and how some mets, like jb do not forecast with bias, and that he is most always right....I about broke my radio.

Not to mention that jb originally predicted a warm winter...I can't believe anyone takes blowhards like Quinn seriously. Not to mention that they play on peoples ignorance when they say a cold snap has anything to do with overall climo.

Archived