Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
NE OK/ NW AR/ SE KS/ SW MO Winter 2011 Part 2

okie333

• Replies 991
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yea, locally they are reporting 16.5 inches in Owasso. So between that and the drifts, it's a *lot* of snow. Seems like much more than Christmas Eve 2009, Same types of drifts but much bigger. I haven't seen this much snow since I moved from the Wash DC area. Jan 1996 was a hell of a couple storms to leave as a last memory of there.

Yeah saw those you took. Thats awesome dude!

Thanks man. I gotta get use to this new camera it has so many advanced controls and its been awhile since i took pics. But anyways heres a video from this morning available in hd as well. This was taken this morning when it seemed like alot lol. Now its crazy deep and twice as deep!

Even on the back side of the storm, we are very close to achieving actual blizzard criteria. Snow is tough to measure but I would say we have close to 5" and drifts of 1-2'. Southeast of here toward Arkansas City and Braman, Ok, they have 8" on the ground already and drifts of 4-5'. Incredible storm to say the least.

Thanks man. I gotta get use to this new camera it has so many advanced controls and its been awhile since i took pics. But anyways heres a video from this morning available in hd as well. This was taken this morning when it seemed like alot lol. Now its crazy deep and twice as deep!

Nice video man. Glad to see you getting buried up there.

Nice pics. Pretty quiet out there?

Pretty quiet for a weekday, but more people out than I thought there would be. The convenience store was doing pretty good business, and there were quite a few pedestrians. I really wish I had gotten the picture of the abandoned snow plow. :(

It's still snowing, but big fluffy flakes now and not the almost ice pellets we were getting before.

http://www.nwacg.net...-Tulsa-Blizzard

Update out of SGF:

SHORT TERM TRENDS...THE FIRST ROUND OF HEAVY SNOWFALL HAS NOW

SHIFTED TO THE NORTHEAST ACROSS CENTRAL MISSOURI. A BRIEF LULL

WILL OCCUR BEHIND THIS FIRST ROUND EARLY THIS AFTERNOON...WITH

THE SECOND ROUND NOW PUSHING INTO THE WESTERN PORTIONS OF THE

OUTLOOK AREA EARLY THIS AFTERNOON. ADDITIONAL 4 TO 8 INCHES OF

SNOWFALL WILL OCCUR ALONG AND NORTH OF THE INTERSTATE 44

CORRIDOR WITH THE HEAVIEST AMOUNTS WILL OCCUR NEAR THE LAKE OF

THE OZARKS REGION. LESSER AMOUNTS ARE EXPECT SOUTH OF INTERSTATE

So im done 2 inches snow, 1/2 sleet, trace frz rain. Missed the historic by 80 miles to far east,south or so. Last winter here if all possible. Good Luck and enjoy everyone that got the goods. NOW: TEMP 15. WIND 10-15 or so. The sun is trying to peak though the flurries.

So im done 2 inches snow, 1/2 sleet, trace frz rain. Missed the historic by 80 miles to far east,south or so. Last winter here if all possible. Good Luck and enjoy everyone that got the goods. NOW: TEMP 15. WIND 10-15 or so. The sun is trying to peak though the flurries.

Next year Adair county gets 3 storms that each drop 20" each.

Archived