• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    mowsee447
    Newest Member
    mowsee447
NE OK/ NW AR/ SE KS/ SW MO Winter 2011 Part 2

okie333

This is just really crazy. Most snow I've seen ever I think. The drifts, just everything......

Go out there and spend an hour shovelling an area for a dog to potty in lol! Its so deep the poor dog had no where to go so i had to dig an area out. Im beat and cant feel my arms now haha. But yea I got 4 feet drifts going on the sides of the house here its nuts man

• Replies 991
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Go out there and spend an hour shovelling an area for a dog to potty in lol! Its so deep the poor dog had no where to go so i had to dig an area out. Im beat and cant feel my arms now haha. But yea I got 4 feet drifts going on the sides of the house here its nuts man

I've been watching the birds, I filled a bird feeder up so they all wouldn't die. There's a pigeon that keeps digging a hole. I think he's trying to get down to the ground.

Neighbor got stuck on her way back home from work. She works at the hospital and they declared and emergency and wouldn't let anyone go home last night. She got her stuff out of the car and walked the rest of the way.

The drifts are insane. I have 3-4 ft drifts.

Wow I am insanely jelous! Congrats again to all of you who scored.

NWUS53 KSGF 012039

LSRSGF

PRELIMINARY LOCAL STORM REPORT

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE SPRINGFIELD MO

239 PM CST TUE FEB 01 2011

..TIME... ...EVENT... ...CITY LOCATION... ...LAT.LON...

..DATE... ....MAG.... ..COUNTY LOCATION..ST.. ...SOURCE....

..REMARKS..

0237 PM HEAVY SNOW JOPLIN 37.08N 94.51W

02/01/2011 M18.0 INCH JASPER MO EMERGENCY MNGR

18 INCHES OF SNOW HAS BEEN MEASURED SO FAR IN JOPLIN.

&&

$$

DCRAMER

yeah, it's been crazy. Now snowing with bigger flakes so this storm will go down as one of the best in my books. Thundersnow, heavy snow accumulations, and big flaked snow. The trifecta. I'm not too fond of the 'blizzard' aspect though with the winds that slice you to pieces but this is very memorable. thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

How much did you get? I know you got screwed with sleet down that way :(

Congrats to all the NE OK/SW MO peeps! :snowman: I'm very happy with the 10-11" here, esp. with my forecast of 6-10" and the sharp cutoff that was forecasted by the models.

Post some pics when you get a chance!

Now for the ridiculous cold. Low of 6 tonight and -2 Thursday morning.

yeah, it's been crazy. Now snowing with bigger flakes so this storm will go down as one of the best in my books. Thundersnow, heavy snow accumulations, and big flaked snow. The trifecta. I'm not too fond of the 'blizzard' aspect though with the winds that slice you to pieces but this is very memorable. thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

How much did you get? I know you got screwed with sleet down that way :(

Yeah the 2" of sleet hurt us down here. My last measurement an hour or two ago was between 8-9 in and we've added since then so all in all I'm very pleased with this.

Big big flake size.. fluffy snow now. It just doesn't want to give up.

yea its beyond nuts! just when i thought it was done....nope lol. Seriously now I have seen enough im dead from shovelling lol. I cant imagine if it was heavy wet cemet snow that stuff is the worst to shovel. probly got 18-19" idk the drifts are sick

Even though we did not hit the jackpot, between the rain, sleet and dryslot, we still did pick up almost three inches of frozen stuff. We got almost 1.75 of total precip, which is great for the drought, and we have power. There were a few periods of heavy snow and a nice walk outside. Congrats to all those who got drilled today!!! :thumbsup:

post-742-0-39346800-1296598073.jpg

post-742-0-05880400-1296598091.jpg

I took a couple 'window shots' from inside cause it's cold and I didn't want to step on the 6" of snow on my front porch.

The birdies I was feeding all day. They had a snow party.

The bird bath really isn't that short and there's a 4 1/2-5 ft drift behind the shed.

birdsk.jpg

Neighbors house. That's a car under there on the left.. Drifts over the car.

snowcovered.jpg

Jomo is it still coming down there? Still coming down good here. I know you gotta be close if not over that record 21.5" . Looking at this old old old junk trailer next door in the woods that the landlords never removed and i swear it looks like it has 2 feet on it. It looks like pure undisturbed snow.

Flurries now.

Welcome to New Jersey style weather! I am a Missouri boy living in NJ for 10 years now. Last winter had 4 big storms...3 so far this year: 29 in, 9 in, 15 in. Have not seen the ground since Christmas, about 2 feet snowpack, waiting on an ice storm tonight to coat the 10 foot piles along my driveway. Followed by another big storm Saturday. Welcome to the party!

Welcome to New Jersey style weather! I am a Missouri boy living in NJ for 10 years now. Last winter had 4 big storms...3 so far this year: 29 in, 9 in, 15 in. Have not seen the ground since Christmas, about 2 feet snowpack, waiting on an ice storm tonight to coat the 10 foot piles along my driveway. Followed by another big storm Saturday. Welcome to the party!

Was it 73, 3 days before the storms?

Haha...nope. Does not work that way here. We have rarely been above freezing since early December. Nobody knows what a real ice storm is here though and some may find out by tomorrow.

Lol funny its the opposite for me.....lived in new jersey and moved to missouri. Been here 5 years now. While I can say this isnt nothing new to me it is a real treat to see out this way. But I have to admit this is one of the worst and biggest snow storm I have seen in my 36 yrs and I have seen some monsters back there. Blizzard and dangerous wise this one tops them all. However when I was in my late teens i did see a 26" storm but its ferousity was nothing like this beast. That snow that dumped 26" when I was a kid lasted 3 days and was light in nature compared to this we all witnessed today. I will say though the ice storms scare the hell out of me lol....that is something i dont like because i rarely seen them back that way.

Was it 73, 3 days before the storms?

No kidding this weather out here changes on a dime. I just had this conversation tonight with my best friend back in jersey. He was like eh nothing I havent seen. I said yea but have you seen it 70's one day and blizzard the next(ok a lil far fetched but not by much). Its still something Im adjusting to even after 5 years of being back here again.

Lol funny its the opposite for me.....lived in new jersey and moved to missouri. Been here 5 years now. While I can say this isnt nothing new to me it is a real treat to see out this way. But I have to admit this is one of the worst and biggest snow storm I have seen in my 36 yrs and I have seen some monsters back there. Blizzard and dangerous wise this one tops them all. However when I was in my late teens i did see a 26" storm but its ferousity was nothing like this beast. That snow that dumped 26" when I was a kid lasted 3 days and was light in nature compared to this we all witnessed today. I will say though the ice storms scare the hell out of me lol....that is something i dont like because i rarely seen them back that way.

Yep...ice rare here versus there. Biggest storm in my 10 years hear was December 26-27 2010, which was the 29 inches. And it came down in a few hours overnight. Unreal. I think that one plus 2 storms from last winter are in top 5 or 6 all time here now.

Archived