• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
NE OK/ NW AR/ SE KS/ SW MO Winter 2011 Part 2

okie333

Yep...ice rare here versus there. Biggest storm in my 10 years hear was December 26-27 2010, which was the 29 inches. And it came down in a few hours overnight. Unreal. I think that one plus 2 storms from last winter are in top 5 or 6 all time here now.

Northern jersey? My sister is in south jersey and they had a really crazy insane winter last year!!! They were getting storm after storm it was nuts. Even this year she has gotten a lot, as compared to the last 5 or 6 years which was a snow drought back that way.

• Replies 991
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Northern jersey? My sister is in south jersey and they had a really crazy insane winter last year!!! They were getting storm after storm it was nuts. Even this year she has gotten a lot, as compared to the last 5 or 6 years which was a snow drought back that way.

Monmouth County, Central NJ...snow capital of the world. This year anyway. Last and this winter huge. Getting old. No place to put the snow.

Few more pics as the storm is winding down now. Some of these are dark and made darker to see the snow contrast better. I should have stuck something in the yard to give ideas.

Standing in the area I shoveled for the dog. Nice drift under the window which is almost 4 feet off the ground!

P1000496.jpg

Out front of the steps. That little tree on the left is 6 feet high! quarter of the way burried almost half

P1000498.jpg

Last 2 for now I need sleep. May take more videos and better pics another day.

This is where i dumped all the snow from shoveling(in front of that telephone pole)...probly 6 feet high but now the mound is gone from the wind

P1000505.jpg

Little 3 foot drifts along the side of the house. Cant really see them well beings i was looking down from off the front porch....snow was to deep and my boots arent high enough lol

P1000513.jpg

NwWhiteOut, I can't see anything but "posted image" when you post pics, which is quite a shame, because I bet they're amazing.

awww man they should work :( most everyone here could see them idk....my friend in iowa couldnt see that but he was at work and his firewall was blocking the site from loading my images....you running a firewall? might have to add the links to the safe list...i could add a direct links to them all and let you try that? they arent the best images i can do better but was in a rush cause of the wind chills out there its brutal

awww man they should work :( most everyone here could see them idk....my friend in iowa couldnt see that but he was at work and his firewall was blocking the site from loading my images....you running a firewall? might have to add the links to the safe list...i could add a direct links to them all and let you try that? they arent the best images i can do better but was in a rush cause of the wind chills out there its brutal

I could only see them by right clicking and opening the image in a new window. Maybe the host doesn't allow linking them.

I could only see them by right clicking and opening the image in a new window. Maybe the host doesn't allow linking them.

ahh damn maybe im doing it wrong then....im using a different host cause it seems easier....maybe not afterall lol...ok the site im using is acting up im gonna just upload them somewhere else and repost them cause alot are not seeing the things....sorry guys

First time I've seen something like this for such a large area:

BULLETIN - EAS ACTIVATION REQUESTED

CIVIL EMERGENCY MESSAGE

OKLAHOMA DEPARTMENT OF EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT

RELAYED BY NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TULSA OK

749 PM CST TUE FEB 1 2011

THE FOLLOWING MESSAGE IS TRANSMITTED AT THE REQUEST OF THE

OKLAHOMA DEPARTMENT OF EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT.

THIS IS CIVIL EMERGENCY MESSAGE FOR ANYONE STRANDED IN THEIR

VEHICLE WHO NEEDS HELP DUE TO TODAYS WINTER STORM. IN ORDER TO

ENSURE AUTHORITIES ARE AWARE OF YOUR LOCATION CALL 9 1 1 ... STAR

55 ... OR 1 800 800 2 4 8 1 ... ONCE AGAIN ... 9 1 1 ... STAR 55

... OR 1 800 800 2 4 8 1. TELL THE OPERATOR YOUR LOCATION ...

INCLUDING HIGHWAY MILE MARKER ALONG WITH VEHICLE MAKE AND THE

NUMBER OF PEOPLE IN YOUR CAR. THIS WILL ASSIST EMERGENCY PERSONNEL

IN FINDING YOU.

IF YOU ARE STRANDED...IT IS IMPERATIVE THAT YOU STAY WITH YOUR

VEHICLE. CONSERVE FUEL... USE ONLY ENOUGH TO STAY WARM. USE YOUR

HAZARD LIGHTS PERIODICALLY. CHECK EXHAUST PIPE REGULARLY TO ENSURE

IT IS NOT BLOCKED BY SNOW OR OTHER DEBRIS IN ORDER TO DECREASE THE

RISK OF CARBON MONOXIDE POISONING. TIE A COLORED CLOTH TO YOUR

VEHICLES ANTENNAE IF POSSIBLE TO HELP FIRST RESPONDERS IN LOCATING

YOU.

IF YOU TWITTER... YOU CAN TWEET THE ABOVE INFORMATION TO @OKEM ...

ONCE AGAIN THAT IS @OKEM. YOU CAN ALSO TEXT A FAMILY MEMBER AND

HAVE THEM RELAY YOUR LOCATION TO ONE OF THE ABOVE NUMBERS.

Oh man guys oops and gals.....can you imagine the floods we will have when this stuff melts! Our road looks like a battlefield after they plowed it tonight! I think we got just shy of 24" All the guy did was plow right down the middle of the street and theres 5 foot mounds all the way down the road a half a mile lol....walked the dog and was as lost as me....it looks so different with all this snow....tons of pine trees bent over also from all the weight

JoMo quit looking at models for the next storm lol....i noticed maybe sunday night/monday for more light snow lol. Man i shouldnt even be mentioning this yet im still recovering from shock from this storm haha

that is the truth i am still in awe i got to my front door and just stare !!

Archived