12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
NE OK/ NW AR/ SE KS/ SW MO Winter 2011 Part 2

okie333

• Replies 991
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everybody get their fill of snow soon - looks like a big pattern change to milder coming after next week.

Not saying we wont get any more snow just that we may end up in more of a battle zone here during the late winter between cold to the north and much milder air south.

Oh no worries Im satisfied for the season. Let others have it that havent gotten much is how i feel now. After 3 days of nonstop shoveling My back has had enough lol. I shoveled a 50x50 foot area for the dog to play in and then the whole 250x75 foot wide driveway....by hand of course. No easy task! I love snow but man the shoveling is killer lol

GGEM has a 546 500 MB contour dipping down across AZ and NM at that time (144). Looks like the energy is farther south and west. So it's possibly slower than the GFS but it does have a possible storm.

Euro looks like it has a pretty decent storm that would probably be more across OK/AR. It's slower of course. Energy dropping into the SW at 144. Pushes east by 168. Looks like the surface low may track from S NM/TX border eastward to W Alabama. Looks like more of a neutral tilt with the trough.

Euro looks like it has a pretty decent storm that would probably be more across OK/AR. It's slower of course. Energy dropping into the SW at 144. Pushes east by 168. Looks like the surface low may track from S NM/TX border eastward to W Alabama. Looks like more of a neutral tilt with the trough.

What kind of a swath of snow does the Euro lay down in OK? Oh, the people around here will love me with this news! :gun_bandana:

It looked like the GFS wanted to spit out about 6 inches in the greater OKC metro. Amazingly, we may have some consensus forming 6-7 days out, just like the last storm.

What kind of a swath of snow does the Euro lay down in OK? Oh, the people around here will love me with this news! :gun_bandana:

It looked like the GFS wanted to spit out about 6 inches in the greater OKC metro. Amazingly, we may have some consensus forming 6-7 days out, just like the last storm.

groundhogdaymovieposter.jpg

No idea as I only use the free maps. It would probably be pretty big for down there based on track and intensity of just the surface low. 1002 over S NM/TX border, to 999 over W AL.

I believe it means Joe Bastardi has made yet another outlandish prediction that will probably not come true. I'm expecting up to 6 inches in the next week or so, personally, but it'll likely be less since some will probably be rain, freezing rain, or sleet.

Some Euro totals for the next 2 events: The Wed/Thur system appears to be all snow everywhere.

FAY: Sun - .40 (.25 snow); Wed/Thur - .56

FSM: Sun - .18 (.12 snow); Wed/Thur - .62

TUL: Sun - .35 (.29 snow); Wed/Thur - .37

OKC: Sun - .11 (.08 snow); Wed/Thur - .37

JLN: Sun - .16 snow; Wed/Thur - .40

SGF: Sun - .31 snow; Wed/Thur - .60

Kinda surprised by the lesser totals over OK but this may be indicative of the system really gaining steam as its passing S and E of this region. JMA looks more like the GFS with most precip over OK and AR.

yeah HPC afternoon disco:

THE NEW ECMWF HAS TRENDED STRONGLY NWWD WITH A MAJOR STORM MOVING ACROSS THE SERN STATES THU DAY 7. AMIDST HIGH UNCERTAINTY...

I WOULD NOT BE SURPRISED TO SEE SUBSEQUENT RUNS TREND EVEN FARTHER W WITH THIS STORM NEXT WEEK TOWARDS THE FAVORED LA NINA TRACK THRU THE OH VLY/WRN FOOTHILLS

OF THE APPALACHIANS.

yeah HPC afternoon disco:

THE NEW ECMWF HAS TRENDED STRONGLY NWWD WITH A MAJOR STORM MOVING ACROSS THE SERN STATES THU DAY 7. AMIDST HIGH UNCERTAINTY...

I WOULD NOT BE SURPRISED TO SEE SUBSEQUENT RUNS TREND EVEN FARTHER W WITH THIS STORM NEXT WEEK TOWARDS THE FAVORED LA NINA TRACK THRU THE OH VLY/WRN FOOTHILLS

OF THE APPALACHIANS.

SE Ridge?? The GFS did make a big jog N since yesterday.

Tulsa:

ATTENTION THEN TURNS TO A POTENTIALLY SIGNIFICANT WINTER STORM DURING THE MIDDLE PART OF NEXT WEEK. 12Z MEDIUM RANGE MODELS HAVE COME INTO FAIRLY GOOD AGREEMENT BRINGING A POTENT SHORTWAVE FROM WESTERN CANADA...SOUTH THROUGH THE GREAT BASIN AND HEADING FOR THE SOUTHERN PLAINS...NOT UNLIKE THE TRACK OF OUR RECENT HISTORY- MAKING STORM. NOT SUGGESTING THAT A REPEAT IS IN STORE BY ANY MEANS...BUT LATER FORECASTS WILL NEED TO BE MONITORED VERY CLOSELY FOR THE TUESDAY NIGHT AND WEDNESDAY TIMEFRAME...AND WILL LIKELY CHANGE BETWEEN NOW AND THEN.

Archived