• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
NE OK/ NW AR/ SE KS/ SW MO Winter 2011 Part 2

okie333

Light snow here. Smallish flakes but steadily coming down. I want some big flakes and for it to fall at this rate. None of that blizzard wind blown stuff.

Yea man thats what I want to see a nice heavy non blizzard snow. Cant really enjoy it much when the winds are howling at 30-40mph. Gotta stay inside and watch lol. Its trying to creep its way up here

• Replies 991
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All I can say is where the hell did all this come from lol??

who knows lol...not doing anything up this way...it keeps falling apart before getting here. Not that I care im satisfied from the last thing. But man we went from a boring bleh winter to bam tons of snow now. So crazy....just as I was ready to say winter cancel lol

who knows lol...not doing anything up this way...it keeps falling apart before getting here. Not that I care im satisfied from the last thing. But man we went from a boring bleh winter to bam tons of snow now. So crazy....just as I was ready to say winter cancel lol

Yeah its like it turned on a dime man. But hey I'm certainly not complaining lol.

Discussion from NWS Norman regarding the potential winter storm mid-next week:

THE 12Z GFS REPRESENTS ONE

EXTREME...WITH A VERY EARLY ARRIVAL OF COLD AIR AND LITTLE

AMPLIFICATION OF THE UPPER WAVE...WHILE THE 12Z ECMWF REPRESENTS

ANOTHER EXTREME...WITH THE SURFACE AND UPPER FEATURES ACTING IN

CONCERT TO GENERATE A STRONG WINTER STORM. WITH THE GFS TENDENCY TO

MOVE SYSTEMS TOO QUICKLY...WE LEANED CLOSER TO THE ECMWF IN

SPREADING HIGH CHANCE POPS AND GREATER WIND SPEEDS INTO WEDNESDAY.

FOLLOWING THE ARCTIC FRONT...REGARDLESS OF THE INTENSITY OF

SNOWFALL...THE COLD AIR IS LIKELY REMAIN IN PLACE THROUGH THE END OF

NEXT WEEK. AGAIN...THE STORM MAY COME INTO BETTER FOCUS OVER THIS

WEEKEND...BUT CERTAINLY BY MONDAY...AS THE UPPER TROUGH MOVES INLAND.

SO what another danged big snow producer for around here again ??? Starting to get really tired and ticked about this winter already even though nothing to do about it anyone else tired of these winter stroms yet ?? So is this another big one like earlier this week ?

SO what another danged big snow producer for around here again ??? Starting to get really tired and ticked about this winter already even though nothing to do about it anyone else tired of these winter stroms yet ?? So is this another big one like earlier this week ?

I'm not tired of it. I'd love to see another big one! May have to change that profile pic if it happens though :)

(for those who don't know, this profile pic is from a model run for January 2010 that showed a 24" depth here... if another big one happens then I'll actually get to use a just-as-impressive ANALYSIS field instead :) )

Archived