Newest Member
    joxey
NE OK/ NW AR/ SE KS/ SW MO Winter 2011 Part 2

okie333

• Replies 991
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is my latest blog and thoughts.

Alright everyone. We have the potential for a big winter storm. However, the track is crucial and it is still uncertain. Here is what I am thinking right now.

http://www.koamtv.co....asp?S=13933154

Doug Heady

Interesting, there were some individual ensemble members more wrapped up and farther NW than the 18z operational GFS run. I'm pulling for the 12z Euro.

Here is my latest blog and thoughts.

Alright everyone. We have the potential for a big winter storm. However, the track is crucial and it is still uncertain. Here is what I am thinking right now.

http://www.koamtv.co....asp?S=13933154

Doug Heady

Great writeup as usual Doug. I really like your blogs they make it so much easier for me to understand things. Thank you! Im glad we have you in this forum man

This run is gonna produce nearly 2 feet somewhere in our area!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe more.. Snowman.gifSnowman.gif

Hey All, Hope you don't mind if I intrude on your thread. I have been keeping an eye on this system as my Mom moved to Joplin last year. Certianly looks like the 18z NAM was a hiccup. Very Impressive qpf totals on the 0z run for sure. Models seem to be coming together pretty well for you in SW MO at this stage of the game. Looks like someone might get bombed out there. Mom has no idea what is in store for her as she moved from Ft Lauderdale. Good luck to all the snow lovers! Back to lurking Don.

NAM extracted:

JLN is way below freezing at the surface before precip ramps up. There is a tiny warm layer between 750-850 that maxes at 1.6 C on the 800 MB layer so it may be sleet but turn quickly to snow, or since there is such great lift it may be all snow.

TUL: Below freezing when the precip starts, Tiny warm layer at same time as Joplin but it should disappear pretty quickly. Probably starts as sleet but turns to snow pretty quickly.

OKC: Below freezing, Looks like it may be all snow.

SGF: Looks like all snow.

Fayetteville... Mix of sleet changing to all snow pretty rapidly.

NAM extracted:

JLN is way below freezing at the surface before precip ramps up. There is a tiny warm layer between 750-850 that maxes at 1.6 C on the 800 MB layer so it may be sleet but turn quickly to snow, or since there is such great lift it may be all snow.

TUL: Below freezing when the precip starts, Tiny warm layer at same time as Joplin but it should disappear pretty quickly. Probably starts as sleet but turns to snow pretty quickly.

OKC: Below freezing, Looks like it may be all snow.

SGF: Looks like all snow.

Fayetteville... Mix of sleet changing to all snow pretty rapidly.

I hate asking such questions but whats your thoughts for up my way jomo? NWestern tip of polk county on st.clair county border almost

OMG just saw that nam map you posted....yikes whats that 20" i see wholly crap if that verifies lol

It could be its close at the first.. As for me its looking like light rain quickly changed to PL and then decent snow. But I cant say for sure until the extracted data comes in.

I think there's a slight warm layer at 800 MB at 0.6 degrees, but that really isn't enough given the progged lift... it will cool quickly.

Archived