joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
SNE Obs and Banter

moneypitmike

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You were wrong and some of us were correct.

Were you in on this?

I know you are convinced that it will never snow in Southern CT again, but I thought you were saying everyone north of that would be in good shape.

Of course I could be mistaken

I still think most of us will be ok (close to average, and maybe above)

NAM looks good for some 55mph gusts from about PYM south..weenie mobile tomorrow?

my fall/winter standards are higher - less damage threat this time of year. needs to be a sure bet for better than 60 or a combo of 50+ and something interesting. 50 mph and p. sunny is not weenie mobile worthy.

tomorrow is all about one last yard clean-up (which will suck given leaves will be blowing all over the place) and getting the house clean for turkey day.

Were you in on this?

I know you are convinced that it will never snow in Southern CT again, but I thought you were saying everyone north of that would be in good shape.

Of course I could be mistaken

I still think most of us will be ok (close to average, and maybe above)

That post was directed towards the high temps for yesterday/today. Today is Tuesday right? (Staying up all night and such I totally lose track of the time/dates). Last week I know both Ryan and myself said we would be pretty warm for a period this week and Kevin insisted that would not occur, finally by like Friday or something he backed off that and realized we would be warm. I was just busting him anyways, makes for some fun.

:lol:

It will snow again here in CT and I think as we go down the road over the next several-plus years we will see more great winters than bad ones, this one may be one of the last bad ones we have to suffer through before things finally go on the climb again.

I still think everyone north of CT will see a solid winter...definitely right around average although places like ORH and BOS could come in slightly below-average. I still think it's an EXCELLENT winter for NNE.

It's all about how someone views things I guess...one person could say an average winter is awful while another person can think it's pretty good...so you have both people thinking along the same lines in terms of a forecast but b/c of how they perceive it they make it out to be a disagreement. I think that's what alot of the issue is here in the pattern change thread...it does make for some good fun though and creates discussion which is great.

my fall/winter standards are higher - less damage threat this time of year. needs to be a sure bet for better than 60 or a combo of 50+ and something interesting. 50 mph and p. sunny is not weenie mobile worthy.

tomorrow is all about one last yard clean-up (which will suck given leaves will be blowing all over the place) and getting the house clean for turkey day.

Bang out the leaves today when it's not windy and you can wear flip flops and a halter

A day like tomorrow is the days I hate the MOST in the late fall/early winter. I absolutely CAN'T stand those windy cold days, especially when I have to walk somewhere, usually to work. I used to think it was bad when I lived at my aunts, that was only about a 15-minute walk, now it's more like a 30-35 minute walk, although I usually will take the bus or get a ride from my mom if she happens to be going to work at the same time I do.

I'm actually surprised I've never been arrested or ticketed for breach of peace since usually when it's cold and windy I spend my entire walk screaming and cursing really loud, and in West Hartford they'll give you breach of peach for farting too loud in public.

Archived