Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Feb 1-2 Upstate NY / North Country Major Winter Storm

CNYWxGuy

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't wait Andy...I noticed your competitor on 6 is thinking ice storm for Capital Region...at least that's what they're saying online now.

Patiience... had nice convo with colleagues..sort of a TV met collaboration....

TOP secret can't say what will happen but I can say not much arguing......

hmmmmm is that good/

Monday will tell

What you said!!!!! The warm air keeps trying to advance and gets squashed by the PV. It's always very exciting and nerve racking when it looks this good a few days before the event. I'd feel better if this were the 12Z Tuesday NAM.

You'd have a tough time drawing up a better solution that includes most of Upstate than this one...

This was the first time I started a thread between Eastern and American. You see... Andy and TG had been the only ones starting storm threads this winter before this one, and I dont think it was any coincidence that every storm ended up S / E or the only part of Upstate to reel in the significant snows were the CD folks. I started this thread because I felt we needed to change things up in order to get a significant synoptic snow event across the remainder of Upstate.

When I started this thread, the models were all over the place (See original post). Now with less than a few days left before kickoff, this upcoming event has the potential to give atleast a portion of W / C NY a legit curb-stomping. Hmmmmmm... :lmao:

Well done my friend, well done!!

You da man!!!!!!!!!!

This was the first time I started a thread between Eastern and American. You see... Andy and TG had been the only ones starting storm threads this winter before this one, and I dont think it was any coincidence that every storm ended up S / E or the only part of Upstate to reel in the significant snows were the CD folks. I started this thread because I felt we needed to change things up in order to get a significant synoptic snow event across the remainder of Upstate.

When I started this thread, the models were all over the place (See original post). Now with less than a few days left before kickoff, this upcoming event has the potential to give atleast a portion of W / C NY a legit curb-stomping. Hmmmmmm... :lmao:

There's an epic gradient between exit 15 and exit 20 on the Thruway on this map................You go from about 2 inches to maybe 2 feet. :thumbsup:

I guess I should get the plow put on tomorrow night........ I was kinda enjoying the break and I still have a ton of repair work to get done. It's looking good for us......so far?

Not to be greedy but just a slight tick north would be great and still make everyone here very happy.

Should be in Redfield by noon on Tuesday.. I will keep you posted. Banking on 16-24".

Things (finally) look to be lining up in our favor, Bri......but because of "gunshyness" another couple sets of runs without significant variations, would certainly help. But from 2.5 days out....this looks to be as much of a lock at 12+ as there is......for the total event....

Not to be greedy but just a slight tick north would be great and still make everyone here very happy.

Should be in Redfield by noon on Tuesday.. I will keep you posted. Banking on 16-24".

0z GFS not as wet with the over-running as 0z NAM. Hard to tell when period of over-running ends as GFS seems to keep light precip over region right up until the main event.

Quite a disparity between the NAM / GFS thermal profiles...

post-538-0-21618200-1296446637.gif

post-538-0-32894000-1296446642.gif

post-538-0-62846600-1296446650.gif

Archived