CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
NYC Area January 26-27 Bomb Discussion and OBS Part 4

earthlight

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We are going to have a very verdant spring this year, the trees and grass are going to have a ton of water to produce very healthy leaves and nice growth. The snow will also insulate the ground so the ground will wake up faster than if we had bare frozen ground at much colder temperatures. I wonder if we go into a sudden torch in April this year and never turn back, or stay cool a bit longer and torch in May. Wonder if the rubberband snaps and we go back to hellish heat next summer again.

Speaking of Marlboro, just measured 9.5 inches here so far and still coming down. (all from 2nd batch) When the initial slug of heavy precip made it up this way earlier this evening, I saw/heard lightning and thunder and then all of a sudden the skies opened up and it literally poured heavy sleet here. It almost looked like grape sized hail!!!!! Unreal.

10.5 just down 79 s a bit, not including the 4 frm the morning. Unbefookingleavable!

Don't forget the GFS which is trying to create a week-long overrunning event at 120 hrs

yup- and look at h5 on the GFS at 144...its in a real good position and then it get squashed....typical bias...i think we are in a really good spot yet again....

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Hopefully next time it does that you toss it in the trash where it belongs, but isn't this the most awesome night imaginable man? AWESOME!!

I just tried to wake up my parents who are on the eastern side of that epic band in Merrick...Wonder how they're doing over there. They said around 4 from round 1 and I'm assuming around 5-6 from round 2 so far

This winter has left me speechless. Back to back 50+ has never happened in my lifetime (and has it happened ever? maybe once...)

Happened once in the early 1900s at Central Park. I can't believe the amount of snow we've seen this past month...just incredible. Closing in on 60" with all of February and March left to go!

Hate to sound like a weenie, but Central Park at least has the chance of eclipsing 100" the way this winter has gone. 95-96 is definitely toast, though.

Very, very often!! I saw the Jets beat the shiznit out of the Pats there 2 sundays ago.

i go there more often than not on sunday for football games...occasional thursdays in the summer...and yankee playoff games.

do you know any of the female bartenders? Bronagh? Elli?

10.5 just down 79 s a bit, not including the 4 frm the morning. Unbefookingleavable!

Wow, nice. Monmouth County looking pretty good with this storm. This storm will easily send us over 50" on the season now, with 2 months to go. I'm pretty sure we're ahead of 1995-96 at this point.

Archived