12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
MW/GL/OV February 2011 discussion

Hoosier

• Replies 969
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Went out and did some depth measurements earlier. Our average depth is down to 16" from 18". Slowly compacting but not nearly as quick as some previous events. Kind of makes you wonder what the snow totals would have been without the extreme wind doing the compacting as the storm was ongoing. Probably would have been over 20" lol.

Nice day here with temps around 30F... The little longer days are nice.

You guys are right about snow melting fast. U get into March and a few warm days/rain/fog can eat it up quickly..plus as you expose more ground, it just feeds speeds it up even more.

You're fooked, dude! Remember that early snowy pattern I pinned on your cracker ass this past summer.. I think it's going to come pay you visit again :thumbsup::drunk:

Holy hell I hope the euro is on the sauce and ganja more than me tonight.

Would be fitting in a Nina that after we finally get some snow depth it would torch.

Time will tell.. I definitely expected a warmup but not to that torch and depth. That's what we almost neeed though to get out on the lakes to fish and I expect after that its go time again if it happens.

2 roof collapses due to snow and ice buildup in Indiana the past two days. Isht just got real with this winter.

Yesterday in Crown Point: http://www.nwitimes....d7a22ac503.html

Today in Noblesville: http://www.wishtv.co...-roof-collapses

I work at a rather large chemical facility and you wouldnt believe the amount of leaks that have developed. They are everywhere. I've been there 5 years and only seen some minor leaks in the worst thunderstorms. Several ceiling tiles have fallen in also.

April.

Have to get you, Cro and Mitty out on a chase during the April-June time frame...get you all your first 'naders. :twister::drunk:

April is cool with me... Better than the nonsense you were talking a few days ago and march. Gawd I hate February.. It has to be the 4 most depressing months of the yr to come.. Sun angle starting to kill snow pack , yet it takes 4 months to get anything started growing including t-storms up here along the lake a lot of the time.

This year could be a good chance for them, and yes I agree April things will light up fast for the Midwest.

You're on the booze tonight too... WI and MI getting severe in, april :lmao: Think, long and chilly miserable spring.

It can happen anytime but I'm not getting any vibes in my poop shoot that april is going to bring anything out of the ordinary popcorn fart storms to us early. May and june is a different beast. Who knows really.. This is no ordinary, Nina.. Maybe the SW ridge appears yet and its go time early.

You're on the booze tonight too... WI and MI getting severe in, april :lmao: Think, long and chilly miserable spring.

It can happen anytime but I'm not getting any vibes in my poop shoot that is going to bring anything out of the ordinary popcorn fart storms to us early. May and june is a different beast.

Some Nina years have had fast starts farther north, but I think at least the threat of strong blocking returning for later February into March would suggest a super early start is probably less likely. I wouldn't be surprised if we have some threats around here in March but it may hold off until later. Last year Indiana didn't have its first tornado until June...don't think that will be happening this time.

It can happen anytime but I'm not getting any vibes in my poop shoot that is going to bring anything out of the ordinary popcorn fart storms to us early. May and june is a different beast.

1956, 1967, 1973, 1991, 1996 all had significant outbreaks in April in the midwest.

Some Nina years have had fast starts farther north, but I think at least the threat of strong blocking returning for later February into March would suggest a super early start is probably less likely. I wouldn't be surprised if we have some threats around here in March but it may hold off until later. Last year Indiana didn't have its first tornado until June...don't think that will be happening this time.

This too, if the blocking doesn't come to fruition then we would be sitting in the cat-bird seat for the Midwest.

Maybe, but this time I think things are going to be bumpy look at how the switch turned on last summer in June. Went from nothing to an explosion of severe weather.

Just never know up here I guess.. I'm hoping for a warm spring and that would hopefully bring storms that come to die near me and the cold waters. You all can have useless severe weather. That stuff makes me burn through to many jumbo walmart pack of undies.

Archived