Jump to content

cbmclean

Members
  • Posts

    3,369
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by cbmclean

  1. Anyone bored on Christmas Eve and care to explain the mechanics of how this "look" leads to air flow from Asia to Canada. I do not know enough to see it. I understand the basic concepts of 500 MB anomalies and such, but I do not understand how various anomalies direct airflow from one region to another.
  2. We're past panic. Now its just acceptance and on to 2021-2022.
  3. Sometimes our advanced NWP technology can be downright depressing. Decades ago we would have no idea that we were heading into an epic dumpster fire winter. I have heard it opined on here that something has been out of whack since the historic super El Nino of 2015-16. Maybe a historic super La Nina will knock us back into whack.
  4. The Pacific Doom Blob which haunted us all last winter is back like a horror movie villain. It just won't die.
  5. I have gotten to the point where just don;t care anymore what he thinks or says. Even spending time mocking him is a waste..
  6. Isn't that just Nina climatology?
  7. Peaking in from the SE forum and I see that we are having a forum meltdown 3.67 months before the start of met winter. The sad thing is its not really irrational.
  8. I blame PSU personally. If he hadn't have made that infamous post back in late December, this never would have happened.
  9. Still holding at 33 F. If I could have had one degree, I could have had 6 inches.
  10. Checking his garbage cans ain't happening?
  11. So I'm in the jackpot zone 48 hours out. What could go wrong?
  12. PSU (or anyone else interested in answering) I have been studying 500 HP trying to understand the correlation between them and surface temperatures. With a simple west ridge/east trough, it is very simple to see how the airflow brings cold air down from the norther latitudes and cools us down. But for something like the ridge bridge depicted above I have trouble visualizing how the gph anomalies lead to the conus getting flooded with cold air. Any wisdom to share?
  13. Hey PSU. If you are bored and are just looking for stuff to do, I would be really interested in seeing a similar dissertation about crappy patterns. For example, my understanding is that the crap that started right before Christmas is a different sort of fail from the Pacific Doom Blob that we will soon be enjoying. I think in one of your posts today you mentioned it as a north Pacific problem as opposed to a SW Pacific problem.
  14. Over the years you have been one of those leading the way for castigating the GFS for its fantasy snow storms and cold. I think most of us have just learned our lesson.
  15. @PSUHoffman I seem to remember you debating this with someone last year. Seems like their argument was that it was physically impossible to get significant -EPO and significant -NAO at the same time. You retorted that it was indeed possible and pointed to a specific time frame. Can you remember any instances of this? I think some may call it a "ridge bridge".
  16. Also, neglected to post this earlier. Here is a hailstone from the beginning of the storm on last Friday. I think this one is a due to several stones melting and refreezing together.
  17. Had some torrential windy rain in Wilson.
  18. Well, the wording of his statement "I take full responsibility for my actions ..." kind of suggests to me that he did something bad to someone else. I could mention the first thing that comes to mind, but it would be baseless speculation. Man, I am bummed I grew up with him.
  19. I am seriously bummed out by this. I wonder what the heck happened.
  20. Uh oh, did it cave to the NAM?
×
×
  • Create New...