Jump to content

dailylurker

Members
  • Posts

    6,196
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by dailylurker

  1. I had a hot hand last summer. Mby was green and lush while 10 miles away looked like Stephens City. This summer is still pretty green but I've missed the good stuff. Glen Burnie and Pasadena to my north have had flooding, severe storms, and tornadoes. No fair!
  2. Another boring and lame event here in mby. What's up with the horrible forecast this season. Every single one of these events has failed this season. My forecast was for up to 2". I got .12
  3. Clouds all day and storms coming from the due west pretty much always end this way. Heavy rain events come from the SE and south, not west. My gut was right today. This summer has been such a tease with all the watches and warnings.
  4. Damn. Not looking that impressive. Just a wall of severe thunderstorm warnings for average looking scattered storms. Edit: Looking a little better
  5. Sweet! We'll definitely wait until spring. The wood will need time to dry out. Once it's dry I'd sand it out and apply some high quality oil. I'll have it looking like a wood floor.
  6. I'd be down for an early season chase up at Hudson Bay. Catching BES in some small town in northern Canada we be ridiculously cool.
  7. I just noticed it starting to look like trash on radar lol. I'm hoping the convection stuff developing in front of it will become a fresh batch. Of course that won’t effect the deadlands where you live lol
  8. Wow. Today looks like a fun weather day. There's a wall of water headed towards the area already this morning. There's not much lightning with it. Might be a fun batch to do a morning rain hike.
  9. I figure I'll be in a good location. I can get to the entire NE coast in less then 8 hours drive. I can hit the coast of Maine or head all the way back down here in less then 8 hour. I'll be up at Barns Corner watching like a hawk. There's going to be some big storms somewhere this winter. I plan on being in the jackpot for most of them. My goal is 300" this season.
  10. I plan on shutting down December 1 and hauling ass up north. If it's 50's up there and 70's here in December I'll stay open. I went to the Tug last January. When I came back it was like 70 for a week. I worked that entire week then shut it down. I make my annual income by December so I'm definitely not stressing. December, January, and the first couple weeks of February is my time to embrace my weirdness and focus on snowstorms. Let's schedule an estimate! I've got a few openings left in September and October. November is booked solid.
  11. Yup! December 1 until March 1. Katabatic is throwing in but won't be there full time. I still plan on chasing snowstorms and LES if it's missing my location. I'll be keeping my eye out for big Nino Nor'easters. I agree. A blizzard on the coast of Maine is on my bucket list. Katabatic was saying something about doing a chase up towards Hudson Bay. I'm down for whatever this winter. I might end up in Harrington Delaware again. You never know lol
  12. I'm seeing something that says they had 150" plus. Regardless, that pretty light for up there. My goal is to experience 300" inches of falling snow this season. My basecamp will be on the Tug, but I'll definitely chase big snowstorms from the Mid Atlantic up through New England. I've always wanted to experience a blizzard out on Cape Cod.
  13. Thanks for all the bad news lol. I appreciate everyone here. Snow camp is open to visitors. The positive note is I'm on top of the Tug. I'll have elevation on my side.
  14. Could you post your thoughts on what you think will happen up in the snowbelt east of Lake Ontario. Just for fun while there's low attendance lol
  15. Same. Drove 45 minutes to install polymeric sand to a beautiful paver project. I'm glad I checked radar just in case. Yup. Rain was incoming lol
  16. I downloaded a really cool app yesterday called RainDrop. I see where your area got exactly what you said. It was a small area that got rain last night. RainDrop= Super cool app
  17. Come on! Was that sleet that got into PG and AA County? Da fuk? I'm coming down from the Tug Hill for this. Pingers is bust lol
  18. It's kinda boring not having any tropical to track this time of year. No big swells, no cone of uncertainty, no weenie NAM runs with a cat 5 into Annopoils. Nothing but dust and cobwebs.
  19. I know it. We can't have anything interesting in the lame and boring zone lol. I heard thunder at around 5am. First time hearing thunder this season without severe thunderstorm warning. Funny.. I don’t even pay attention to warnings anymore. They post warnings for every thunderstorm these days.
  20. I'll be staying up on the Tug Hill in big snow country all winter. Let's hope it's wild up there this winter. I'm looking forward to some insane Jebwalks. I'm starting to see the flickering of lightning in the distance. It's coming!
  21. Lol I just came to say this. I wonder if that wall of water will fall apart as it enters the lame and boring zone that is the DC area. If not. It's going to be a wet morning. Jebwalk time in a few hours.
  22. Looks like a good day for storms for Frederick and Glen Burnie. Probably not a good day for storms anywhere else. Book it lol
  23. Watch it be a record breaker. 450" season right on snow camp or bust. Barns Corner is going to have a hot hand this season. LFG! I still can't believe Barnes Corner is going to be my home for the winter. I'm looking forward to documenting the beautiful relationship between Lake Ontario and the Tug Hill. These LES bands are beautiful when they are streaming across the lake.
  24. #GlenBurnietoo should get it's daily flooding and storms later on. I'll hear the thunder and get .03 like always. Lol
  25. Jay's Wintry Mix has the most accurate daily forecast. He always goes with the model with the least amount of activity. He's right about 70% of the time lol. On a severe day all the Facebook mets are hyping it. He'll be like "Today looks mostly dry. A few spots could see a storm. Not Leesburg. Our bubble is strong." Then, later on he'll post a radar image of storms all around Leesburg. The housewives are bowing to him
×
×
  • Create New...