amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
NYC/PHL Dec 26-27 Potential - Part 5

am19psu

• Replies 983
  • Created
  • Last Reply

im kinda laughing rite now because you look at ensembles and it fully supports the op and i find it hard to believe that there wrong also i think hpc is covering there arse by throwing models out til the euro comes out if you ask me

Yeah, the HPC totally has an agenda and is lying about there being errors.

Do you people believe what you write sometimes?

And what happens if the initialization is "better" and 18Z shows the same thing? Nobody can really be sure what the GFS would have done without these errors.

The Euro will shift like 50 miles west and leave everyone hanging...thats the worst thing it can do in reality is just come a tad west...if it goes well west or east at least we know..

if you can read a model which i hope you can looks to match up pretty well to current H5 in the us to me,they have been burned so many times that they will applause anything to save it and say its wrong so nobody panics and tv mets start saying big storm coming blah blah its christmas eve it will be a mass rush today if they did that since everything is closed tomorrow.

And what happens if the initialization is "better" and 18Z shows the same thing? Nobody can really be sure what the GFS would have done without these errors.

I hope the errors are in our favor and arent showing enough snow I just wanted to point it out to him to make sure he doesn't take it at "face value"

I think it is the frustration with HPC in general. They have gotten some events perfectly, and some were simply head scratcher. It just goes to show you how tough forecasting is, and that it isnt a walk in the park.

If you know there's errors then the reasonable thing to do is to throw it out. It's not like this is the last model run before the storm hits.

All I'm saying is that it's really impossible to know what the GFS would have done without the errors, so to just say that it's "definitely too fatr West" is not necessarily correct.

Archived