SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 3-6th Winter Storm Part 2

Chicago Storm

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The sampling should be better for these 00z runs.  The one thing I'd still be a little concerned about is the wave around the polar vortex way up there in Canada that eventually phases.

Yes....this is what could make things go BOOM or just trend back to a little weaker/ SE again with tomorrow's 12Zs...IMO

Stronger wave at 02z. Bet that's what the 00z models sampled and why the models are coming nw

yeah...and it could continue with tomorrow's 12Z...

and I agree with your post about getting some data sampling in the Pac....not sure why they stopped doing flights in the pacific like they did in years past.....Now they only do them in the atlantic/gulf when there is a system to impact the EC....kind of a joke really

If possible I would like to make a call to lock in the RGEM, it would be an incredible blizzard here. 996mb moving NNE from Dayton, would cross between Sandusky and Cleveland, essentially the perfect track for SEMI.

Lousy run for YYZ here. If the GFS shows something similar, I'm going to consider punting this storm.

If possible I would like to make a call to lock in the RGEM, it would be an incredible blizzard here. 996mb moving NNE from Dayton, would cross between Sandusky and Cleveland, essentially the perfect track for SEMI.

Another nw shift and Detroit might start having ptype concerns.

Yeah ptype issues are definitely a concern now

Unless it shifts more NW you are fine down there. I don't foresee it shifting too much more NW, the Polar Vortex limits how far it can shift NW, just like the East Coast ridge limits how far SE the storm can track.

Archived