joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter storm threat disc 1/25/13-1/26/13

Allsnow

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

we still have plenty of time for this to keep trending north this is not progged to start here till friday evening maybe even delayed till closer to midnight - looks like some folks here will be pulling an all nighter here friday night..............

Some slight changes with the energy and orientation of the trough can make this a half-decent event for a good number of us, and such changes are certainly possible before the storm starts up. Certainly won't be any kind of major event, but a nice refresher for those who got snow on MLK night and something to show for the cold snap we have now. Hopefully models become more amped tonight and we at least get a nice swipe from the developing low for a few hours.

we still have plenty of time for this to keep trending north this is not progged to start here till friday evening maybe even delayed till closer to midnight - looks like some folks here will be pulling an all nighter here friday night..............

I think it will continue going ever so slightly NW, enough for sure to maybe help Suffolk Co but I'm not so sure we get it enough to see widespread crooked number amounts over NYC...one thing that really needs to be watched with this whole setup is if convection starts breaking out over TN/AL/GA/SC in the FZRA late tomorrow night, that happens and we could see a situation where whatever phase we do have falls apart....right now not many models show that but some hint at it.

I think it will continue going ever so slightly NW, enough for sure to maybe help Suffolk Co but I'm not so sure we get it enough to see widespread crooked number amounts over NYC...one thing that really needs to be watched with this whole setup is if convection starts breaking out over TN/AL/GA/SC in the FZRA late tomorrow night, that happens and we could see a situation where whatever phase we do have falls apart....right now not many models show that but some hint at it.

You mean like  " shadowing "  and  theres a jumping of the centers over the top  ?  and we in the sinking air ?

You mean like  " shadowing "  and  theres a jumping of the centers over the top  ?  and we in the sinking air ?

It would likely cause a separate low to form somewhere south and want to stay separate from whatever energy comes in from the north. The whole system would be biased south then and shear out/stay weak.

It's over dude. It's worse than 18z

It's over dude. It's worse than 18z

OVER ?  Have you been reading MY POSTS in the last 3 days ? its a 3 to 4 max system south and east of the city .

What were you expecting .  .10 - .20 qpf at 20 to 1 ratios , Thats what I thnk happens , not just today , but been writing that for the last 3 DAYS  .

Every run in the last 3 days ( outside Tues overamped  0z Euro ) and  ( last nites  NAM 18 z whiff ) for the most part have really been in line .

Negate those 2 ,  haven`t the rest have really been .10 - .15 NYC  .15 - .20 towards Philly ?   Looks pretty uniform too me .

Positives 700 mb will be  minus 12  850 mb will be  minus 20 - surface temps wil b in the teens .

That column is a freezer through and through  .

Archived