joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Angus Barn GTG Saturday, 5/23 @ 6:00 PM -- Raleigh, NC

Cold Rain

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guarantee a 13.99$ all u can eat flounder and shrimp and deviled crab from Twin Tops, would be better! We should have a gtg there! It really is more centralized. Maybe next time!? :(

Me and you will go eat fish, let them have their steak :pimp:

Ok, we have an initial final count, per post 42 above. There are 12 definites and 2 maybes (Mack and Michelle). Anyone else that has been contemplating and wants to come, you are more than welcomed to join us! Just let me know.

Saturday 5/23 at 6:00 pm ET. I'm looking forward to seeing you all there!

• 2 weeks later...

Can't make it for beef and pork (neither of which I care for or eat anyway), but ya'all are invited to do a seafood & beer at one of two of North Florida's finest:

Singleton's at Mayport

http://www.urbanspoon.com/cities/44-jacksonville/restaurants/481564-singleton-s-seafood-shack/menu

or Barbara Jean's at Ponte Vedra/Intracoastal
http://www.barbarajeans.com/

:popcorn::sizzle::drunk::beer:

:snowing:

Can't make it for beef and pork (neither of which I care for or eat anyway), but ya'all are invited to do a seafood & beer at one of two of North Florida's finest:

Singleton's at Mayport

http://www.urbanspoon.com/cities/44-jacksonville/restaurants/481564-singleton-s-seafood-shack/menu

or Barbara Jean's at Ponte Vedra/Intracoastal

http://www.barbarajeans.com/

:popcorn::sizzle::drunk::beer:

:snowing:

That sounds good...though the snow emoji is a bit of an outlier! :):snowman:

on second thought - I may be too close to Waycross to be extending an invitation ...   :~)

but folks - seriously - if any of you are ever traveling down this way and want some good food, want to avoid tourism and want "old fla" - Mayport and the Intracoastal off of Palm Valley Road 5 miles or so west of Ponte Vedra are both great (from I-95), or Cedar Key (west off of the last Gainesville exit on I-75) are worth it. Either way are trips back in time, well worth taking and the food is fabulous. Come in late August/early September at your own 'cane risk though!!!

on second thought - I may be too close to Waycross to be extending an invitation ... :~)

but folks - seriously - if any of you are ever traveling down this way and want some good food, want to avoid tourism and want "old fla" - Mayport and the Intracoastal off of Palm Valley Road 5 miles or so west of Ponte Vedra are both great (from I-95), or Cedar Key (west off of the last Gainesville exit on I-75) are worth it. Either way are trips back in time, well worth taking and the food is fabulous. Come in late August/early September at your own 'cane risk though!!!

I've made the 95 journey a few times! Stopped at hooters and sonnys BBQ , in Daytona! Both fine establishments

Hey guys, I will have our table early 5ish for any that want to come early.

I'll probably be there right around 6.  I have a funeral to go to earlier and our babysitter won't get to the house until around 5ish.  Going to eat a light breakfast in the morning and that's it till dinner!

oh... sorry to hear that buddy

Thanks man.  It's for my great uncle.  I only met him twice, but my mom rekindled her relationship with him over the past couple of years and became really close, so I want to support her.  He had pancreatic cancer.  Bad stuff right there.

Thanks man.  It's for my great uncle.  I only met him twice, but my mom rekindled her relationship with him over the past couple of years and became really close, so I want to support her.  He had pancreatic cancer.  Bad stuff right there.

Yeah it is. Gotta take care of mom. Me, Burns and Burger will be holding the fort when you guys get there.

Sounds like you all are gonna have a blast.  Enjoy it!

Sounds like just another night of me trying to moderate weather nerds.  Only difference is, in the new environment, a moderator turns into a bouncer.  Have to say, I'm looking forward to that.

Archived