northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
NYC/PHL 1/25-27 potential Part III

NortheastPAWx

• Replies 976
  • Created
  • Last Reply

a 50 mile shift to the west would be nice, what i dont understand is why are these storms precip shields so damn small to the nw.

For a storm that looks to track just SE of the benchmark on this run and no real overrunning high to the north, that's about the extent you would expect with the snow shield. They won't make it that far in with a low taking that track.

Of course you would this run gives the same old areas the big snows like all year, while the interior continues to get the shaft.

I think PA is fine with this one, storm is coming. I think ultimately most of NJ/NYC/Cities will deal with some rain/mix but beggining to think at least 1/2 the storm could be snow, and be significant in the cities and west. I like the new high to the NW starting to build and once north of the M/D line everyone should benefit from the storm starting to intrain some of that fresh cold air...

basically it looks like we want this event later now...it went from monday to tues/wed...now on the gfs its late wed into thurs lol. The later right now seems the best if you want snow,.

I would agree. The later it hits, the longer we have to get that pesky high out of the way, and have its associated S wind component shut off.

For a storm that looks to track just SE of the benchmark on this run and no real overrunning high to the north, that's about the extent you would expect with the snow shield. They won't make it that far in with a low taking that track.

Im guessing you like what you see on the GFS

Looks like the GFS is a 5-9" snowfall for the NYC area....I think there is a very high risk of 5"+ snowfall for the area....And 12"+ is not out of the question. To be honest...I think it is more likely that we either get 15" of snow or barely any snow...instead of a light to moderate snowfall here.

Looks like the GFS is a 5-9" snowfall for the NYC area....I think there is a very high risk of 5"+ snowfall for the area....And 12"+ is not out of the question. To be honest...I think it is more likely that we either get 15" of snow or barely any snow...instead of a light to moderate snowfall here.

I agree-- MECS or nothing.

Have you guys been getting shafted recently? I couldn't tell..you guys barely talk about it

:lol:

You are dam right about that, we can never get our posts recorded because of the NYC and or coastal people who are posting with "I wish I had an oscar meyer snow wiener" or they are too busy driving around in their wiener mobiles with their wiener whistles being blown. Sorry you begged for this responsewhistle.gif

Archived