UKMET/00Z ECMWF/00Z GEFS MEAN SOLUTIONS HERE...WHICH TAKES

ADVANTAGE OF THE BETTER ECMWF CONTINUITY TO BOOT...AND ACCOUNTS

FOR THE TRENDS SEEN IN THE NAM/GFS/THE PAST 12-24 HOURS OF

CANADIAN AND ECMWF SOLUTIONS. THIS SOLUTION IS SIX HOURS SLOWER

THAN MEDIUM RANGE CONTINUITY.

• Replies 976
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dont you guys love that the gfs/euro are showing a huge storm EVERY run? but we have precip issues ect. with no high

But then when we do have a high and the cold is in place and the pattern is perfect, the models in the medium range (and short range) have no phase and are ots and there is mass bridge jumping.

i have a love/hate relationship with the models lol

FWIW, and whoever cares...DT's first call

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=177892198913821&set=a.177885982247776.32374.177868848916156

seems alittle on the snowy side

Dont you guys love that the gfs/euro are showing a huge storm EVERY run? but we have precip issues ect. with no high

But then when we do have a high and the cold is in place and the pattern is perfect, the models in the medium range (and short range) have no phase and are ots and there is mass bridge jumping.

http://www.facebook....177868848916156

ok now hes just trolling us

http://www.facebook....177868848916156

Considering his comments yesterday, this seems surprising but of course it is only his first stab at it. We shall see.

For the littoral to see significant snow, this would have to travel outside the benchmark, otherwise expect flood watches with a frozen ground by Monday.

You are making the assumption that the Canadian high pressure area entering the fray will not be in good enough position in time to give snow and that the low will hug the coast. Not quite the best approach at this point in time.

You are making the assumption that the Canadian high pressure area entering the fray will not be in good enough position in time to give snow and that the kow will hug the coast. Not quite the best approach at this point in time.

The secondary higher pressure is just a function of the northern stream energy moving in behind the system. Remember a few days ago when we were talking about the possibility of overrunning precipitation with the shortwave interacting with the big cold Canadian high which would be situated over Maine? That is totally gone now. Look how far east the high pressure is at 66 hours...it's literally hundreds of miles into the Atlantic. We are going to need the system to cut off and create it's own cold air..which is not a good prospect for anybody within 75 miles of the coast anywhere south of HPN.

f66.gif

Oh I agree 100% if the other high pressure area is all that you say it will be. Honestly I would prefer a way offshore result (i.e. even OTS) than rain. GFS depicted that as a possibility on some runs so you never know.

The secondary higher pressure is just a function of the northern stream energy moving in behind the system. Remember a few days ago when we were talking about the possibility of overrunning precipitation with the shortwave interacting with the big cold Canadian high which would be situated over Maine? That is totally gone now. Look how far east the high pressure is at 66 hours...it's literally hundreds of miles into the Atlantic. We are going to need the system to cut off and create it's own cold air..which is not a good prospect for anybody within 75 miles of the coast anywhere south of HPN.

f66.gif

Tombo..it's interesting how some of those are actually deceiving on the PSU maps. For example..P002. Looks like rain on PSU..but Raleigh's map show that it's probably a dynamic snow bomb.

yea the key to this storm if it takes a track just off the coast is how fast it gets captured and where and when do the dynamics take control. You could see it on the euro tonight at hr 96 i believe with the 850 line how it bowed inward towards the low by phl and south jerz. It will be interesting to see the euro ens mean. I still think this is an interior snow tree plastering, 4 story apartment crusher, widow maker snowstorm for them.

yea the key to this storm if it takes a track just off the coast is how fast it gets captured and where and when do the dynamics take control. You could see it on the euro tonight at hr 96 i believe with the 850 line how it bowed inward towards the low by phl and south jerz. It will be interesting to see the euro ens mean. I still think this is an interior snow tree plastering, 4 story apartment crusher, widow maker snowstorm for them.

Man...it sure would be nice if the GEFS had any clue here. Some of those solutions would literally plaster everybody for days. Squirrel squashing, car crushing, weenie wet snow bomb.

Archived