SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
The Psuhoffman Storm

Ji

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate to jinx this, and it's early, but doesn't this have the potential of being the biggest all encompassing DC to Boston snowstorm in years? I guess maybe March 2009 hit everybody, but don't know for sure. Before that, maybe the Valentines one in 2007? I'm pretty sure Boston didn't get in on Dec. 19 from what I remember.

Yes they did, Boston got about 10".

I hate to jinx this, and it's early, but doesn't this have the potential of being the biggest all encompassing DC to Boston snowstorm in years? I guess maybe March 2009 hit everybody, but don't know for sure. Before that, maybe the Valentines one in 2007? I'm pretty sure Boston didn't get in on Dec. 19 from what I remember.

Dec 19,2009...didnt that hit boston?

Add to the list of fun.

hiresw_500_048m.gif

hiresw_p03_048m.gif

Again - I am a good 30 miles EAST of the freezing line. Go WEST, young man.

1) I am no young man. I am old

2) Under no conditions do I get to go west.

Therefore it is safe to assume:

Part of this storm shall be liquid - RAIN - for me.

Just call me MIXY.

I get 1-3 inches of snow, MAYBE.

After model qpf reductions - I probably get 1-2 inches.

So I go with about 1.5 inches. That's still enough to shovel.

Now if you live in Winchester VA or at elevation - That's a whole 'nother ball 'o wax. You're gonna get a foot or more of fresh pow. Those folks won't see a lick of rainfall til late July. Too damned COLD.

but there's no high1!1!

DC still seems to be a battleground of sorts. Will be interesting to see how this plays out. Nothing for capitol hill, and over 1 foot for upper northwest?

as long as it's not the other way around

This board is going to explode tomorrow. Should be a recorder setter I would think. The funny thing is 99.989 percent of the population in this area have no idea anything other than a rain storm or 1 to 3 inch-type storm is possible. They are going to wake up to winter storm watches, and very, very, very confused morning weather casters who will basically not know what to say.

This board is going to explode tomorrow. Should be a recorder setter I would think. The funny thing is 99.989 percent of the population in this area have no idea anything other than a rain storm or 1 to 3 inch-type storm is possible. They are going to wake up to winter storm watches, and very, very, very confused morning weather casters who will basically not know what to say

This is what January 25 is all about.

This board is going to explode tomorrow. Should be a recorder setter I would think. The funny thing is 99.989 percent of the population in this area have no idea anything other than a rain storm or 1 to 3 inch-type storm is possible. They are going to wake up to winter storm watches, and very, very, very confused morning weather casters who will basically not know what to say

One would hope they have been paying attention. The 0Z suite was not even close to the first to suggest a threat. Honestly the TV weathercasters who still have all rain should be fired.

DC still seems to be a battleground of sorts. Will be interesting to see how this plays out. Nothing for capitol hill, and over 1 foot for upper northwest?

Northwest DC is the place to be for this one. I wish things were different, but it's all about where you live. If I lived in Leesburg VA I'd be super excited and I would not sleep until Saturday. Leesburg04 will be digging out until late June. Those drifts are going to be devastating up there.

I live well EAST of the 540 line at h85.

I'll sleep BETTER than a baby tonight - This will be no biggie for me, maybe an inch lol. Sound familiar?

One would hope they have been paying attention. The 0Z suite was not even close to the first to suggest a threat. Honestly the TV weathercasters who still have all rain should be fired.

Well, I think most of DC's should be fired. I didn't watch anyone cause I knew they would be useless, but reports on here suggested almost none in DC or Baltimore market suggested anything other than rain storm with perhaps an inch or two of snow was possible from what I understand -- as late as 11 p.m. newscast.

This is what January 25 is all about.

this is nothing like Jan 25. The euro had a major storm for us for many runs and once the american models started showing colder temps...you knew the euro was a bit warm but still had the great qpf...it was kind of easy to see that we were heading down this path

outside a burp with the nam and gfs yesterday the 500 track has been more or less locked for 60 hours+. thermals are an issue but the signs that things would go colder were present as well.

Well, I think most of DC's should be fired. I didn't watch anyone cause I knew they would be useless, but reports on here suggested almost none in DC or Baltimore market suggested anything other than rain storm with perhaps an inch or two of snow was possible from what I understand -- as late as 11 p.m. newscast.

That is awful. Somebody mentioned a guy who suggested 3-6", but I don't remember if that was for Baltimore or DC. Either way--I am interested in seeing how much the TV-Casters change their tune or if they try to "slowly" up the threat level to make it seem as if they didn't bust so bad.

this is nothing like Jan 25. The euro had a major storm for us for many runs and once the american models started showing colder temps...you knew the euro was a bit warm but still had the great qpf...it was kind of easy to see that we were heading down this path

I'm talking more about the public's reaction than the synoptic issues.

outside a burp with the nam and gfs yesterday the 500 track has been more or less locked for 60 hours+. thermals are an issue but the signs that things would go colder were present as well.

Even low end threats had 2-4" with crappy ratios--I don't know where they got all rain from. The changeover threat has been on the table for days. These TV folks are pathetic.

That is awful. Somebody mentioned a guy who suggested 3-6", but I don't remember if that was for Baltimore or DC. Either way--I am interested in seeing how much the TV-Casters change their tune or if they try to "slowly" up the threat level to make it seem as if they didn't bust so bad.

I think it was Tasslemeyer in Baltimore. I used to live there, he's pretty good so that would make sense he caught on. He was the one who went all in Feb. 6 for like 20 to 30 inches hours and hours or days before any else.

Will be interesting how they handle it. I assume a lot will depend on what the morning runs show and if they hold. And, frankly, there is no way they are going to go on the air talking about a possible foot storm for fear of bust. My guess is they, as well as LWX, start preparing people for a possible 3 to 6 or 4 to 8 inch storm and see if it needs to be upped later in the day before the 6 p.m. news

Even low end threats had 2-4" with crappy ratios--I don't know where they got all rain from. The changeover threat has been on the table for days. These TV folks are pathetic.

What surprised me was not even a mention for accumulating snows in the western suburbs which are less certain to mix. The NBC 4 guy said "maybe Northern Montgomery county for some accumulating snow". He also said we had no chance of accumulating snow because the ground would be too wet from the rain. I am not sure where he got his "BS" degree in meteorology from...

Archived