Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
GL/MW/OV January 2011 Disco Part II

Chicago Storm

• Replies 897
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What are the ratios like? Snow on the doorstep today....but air needs to saturate first. DTX going 100% chance of snow but accums just 0.5-1".

I'm not 100% sure, but probably >10:1 and <15:1. Still snowing lightly here at the moment, and the flakes are "decent" size.

Looks like the area of Snow is falling apart as it approaches Michigan. Im thinking a dusting to maybe 0.5" at best considering it will be during the day and very light.

You guys out that way still have some time but the door is closing fast out here. Thus that 0.5 is looking good for here. blah..

January now up to 10.5" of snow here, which makes it and December the 10th time in LAF/WL's snow history that had back-to-back months of at least 10" of snow. Granted there were several other instances that just missed with one month just missing by a couple of tenths (i.e. last winter: Dec 9.3", Jan 9.2", Feb 14.0")...but for the purposes of this milestone, a pretty rare feat. Even rarer, that we have yet to see a 6"+ storm...but sit at 32.5" for the season. Strange, yet a very nice season here thus far.

Snow is done here other than a few stray flurries. Went out and measured and have a final total of 1.5"...not too shabby. For Josh, looking at some of the COOP and CoCoRah reports from around here, it looks like ratios were around 13:1 to 15:1.

My 7AM was 0.8" with .04" liquid (20:1). The temp was only 13 at the time. Still have SN here and 19, ratios probably dropping a little. Looks like I may end up with at least 2", still have some decent returns to my SW. Overperformer.

Looks like the area of Snow is falling apart as it approaches Michigan. Im thinking a dusting to maybe 0.5" at best considering it will be during the day and very light.

Radar doesnt look great, but DTX just updated forecast wording to "around an inch" today whereas before it was "less than an inch". Light snow began at 7am, several hours earlier than forecast. Supposed to snow thru early evening.

Radar doesnt look great, but DTX just updated forecast wording to "around an inch" today whereas before it was "less than an inch". Light snow began at 7am, several hours earlier than forecast. Supposed to snow thru early evening.

Will see. Right now Im not holding my breath for an Inch of Snow. My call is around 0.5". The area to watch is in Indiana/Ohio see if that bulk of moisture holds up.

My 7AM was 0.8" with .04" liquid (20:1). The temp was only 13 at the time. Still have SN here and 19, ratios probably dropping a little. Looks like I may end up with at least 2", still have some decent returns to my SW. Overperformer.

Good to hear. Yeah these little overperformers are nice and can add up in the end. That's been the theme here this winter for sure.

January now up to 10.5" of snow here, which makes it and December the 10th time in LAF/WL's snow history that had back-to-back months of at least 10" of snow. Granted there were several other instances that just missed with one month just missing by a couple of tenths (i.e. last winter: Dec 9.3", Jan 9.2", Feb 14.0")...but for the purposes of this milestone, a pretty rare feat. Even rarer, that we have yet to see a 6"+ storm...but sit at 32.5" for the season. Strange, yet a very nice season here thus far.

What's the seasonal snowfall record for LAF?

Will see. Right now Im not holding my breath for an Inch of Snow. My call is around 0.5". The area to watch is in Indiana/Ohio see if that bulk of moisture holds up.

Its a total estimate from my window, hard with all the old snowcover, but id actually guess we probably have 0.2" or so already. But as you said, we will see...but maybe we will get an inch.

Good to hear. Yeah these little overperformers are nice and can add up in the end. That's been the theme here this winter for sure.

Actually even here, most events either met or exceeded forecast totals from the nowtime. Saturday when we only had 0.4" of fluff but expected an inch, that was the first one in a while thats underperformed. The problem, of course, is its just all the fantasy land stuff that never pans out.

Its a total estimate from my window, hard with all the old snowcover, but id actually guess we probably have 0.2" or so already. But as you said, we will see...but maybe we will get an inch.

0.2" all ready really? My eyes are on that blob of moisture in Indiana to shoot down my 0.5" call :pimp:

Archived