joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
D.C.'s 1st inch of snow - date and how much

Ian

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wait...so how does this work? If it ends up being 2.7 inches but from 12/3 to 12/4 do you still win? :unsure:

Well, I don't know. I read a post earlier, by Ian I think, that was talking about when the snow starts, when it ends. My guess is saying that the "event" produces 2.7", starts in the evening of 12/2 and ends in the morning of 12/3.

Well, I don't know. I read a post earlier, by Ian I think, that was talking about when the snow starts, when it ends. My guess is saying that the "event" produces 2.7", starts in the evening of 12/2 and ends in the morning of 12/3.

No I think he just meant that the amount that everyone put down can be event total. I don't think we have to specify the time period that amount falls in. By saying 12/2 it automatically means that's when the first snow falls regardless of what the total is. The amount is only for tie-breaker purposes and is storm total.

No I think he just meant that the amount that everyone put down can be event total. I don't think we have to specify the time period that amount falls in. By saying 12/2 it automatically means that's when the first snow falls regardless of what the total is. The amount is only for tie-breaker purposes and is storm total.

OK, then I say the snow falls on 12/2

I updated the initial post to try to explain. In short, Kenny is right.

If you choose 12/2 and 3" of snow and there is a storm that goes from Dec 2-3 and drops 1.5 total with 1" on the 2nd, you are correct on the date and .5 off total. If the storm hit 12/1-2 and dropped 6" (with at least 1" coming on the first) you got the date wrong by 1 and the total wrong by 3.

I hope it's not too confusing that we have to start over. :P

I updated the initial post to try to explain. In short, Kenny is right.

If you choose 12/2 and 3" of snow and there is a storm that goes from Dec 2-3 and drops 1.5 total with 1" on the 2nd, you are correct on the date and .5 off total. If the storm hit 12/1-2 and dropped 6" (with at least 1" coming on the first) you got the date wrong by 1 and the total wrong by 3.

I hope it's not too confusing that we have to start over. :P

I think we should be fine. Just a few bumps here and there. And BTW - Ian...I AM in a battle with you on your post count in case you didn't notice. On Eastern I was too far behind you.

I think we should be fine. Just a few bumps here and there. And BTW - Ian...I AM in a battle with you on your post count in case you didn't notice. On Eastern I was too far behind you.

It doesnt even really change anything from a picking perspective IMO, but I don't want to run into the issue if we have a two day event or a 11pm to 2am event...

I'm pretty sure you'll lose that battle.

It doesnt even really change anything from a picking perspective IMO, but I don't want to run into the issue if we have a two day event or a 11pm to 2am event...

I'm pretty sure you'll lose that battle.

Yeah...probably :( However I joined before you so I'm clinging to that factor.

Did I miss it, but don't we need a cutoff date on this contest? If it's open ended, there might be a bunch of winners if they wait until it's almost a sure bet that snow will fall before they actually predict it.

You make a good point sir. Although I don't think Ian would declare anyone the winner that took an easy way out like that.

Archived