northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
January GENERAL BANTER

oconeexman

• Replies 904
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sunday Night: Snow. Low around 23. Chance of precipitation is 80%.

Monday: Snow and sleet. High near 30. Chance of precipitation is 80%.

Monday Night: A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 25. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

Tuesday: A slight chance of freezing rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 33. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

Looking better all the time!:thumbsup:

Seriously, it's looking like we'll get more snow tonight than Monday and Tuesday. The latest GFS says this is a fail for here. Not looking good at all.

Not even tonight. The trends are for that band to be more and more south and with warmer temps. We'll get a flurry tonight and a flurry on Monday and then moderate dry cold after that. I'd have rather had the blowtorch January instead of the worst that winter has to offer.

Not even tonight. The trends are for that band to be more and more south and with warmer temps. We'll get a flurry tonight and a flurry on Monday and then moderate dry cold after that. I'd have rather had the blowtorch January instead of the worst that winter has to offer.

Yeah, I'd rather it warm up, too, if we're not going to get anything more than a dusting to 2 inches. I guess I had my fun with the Christmas snow. It's looking more and more like next week is not going to be much of anything.

Yeah, I'd rather it warm up, too, if we're not going to get anything more than a dusting to 2 inches. I guess I had my fun with the Christmas snow. It's looking more and more like next week is not going to be much of anything.

I only had one storm where I got more than a half inch and that was the Christmas storm. Even then, it was only 3" and in a relative minimum. Actually, most areas of the state got more than that.

Now you know how we feel in the upstate when you get slammed and we get hardly anything thanks to a stupid warm layer over the area.

It is too early to throw in the towel, but I have noticed that the excitement has greatly decreased for NC and VA. This might be one for the Deep South only.

I hope others to the south do well as long as they avoid rubbing it in our faces. (Something I don't do when the shoe is on the other foot.) If that crap starts, I'm going to wish for them to get a foot of ice and no electricity for a month. devilsmiley.gif

It would be nice if we got someone from the Traiangle talking about the model runs. It's all GA and western NC.

Yea Allan and Matthew East never talk about the Triangle...nor does GreensboroWx. Oh and don't forget Coldrain and like 5 other posters who talk all the time about the Triangle...you are such a troll/weenie.

It is too early to throw in the towel, but I have noticed that the excitement has greatly decreased for NC and VA. In a reversal of the past, non-NC posters have taken over the forum, which is telling. This might be one for the Deep South only.

I am pinning my hopes on the clipper, and will adjust expectations accordingly thereafter for the next event. :popcorn:

Archived