joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The return of winter pattern disco

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I think every weenie here can now agree there is a 0% chance that we this misses us. Everyone should have snow on the ground... Even Ryan.

The big bomb idea is off the table..but I think we'll all be happy with a 3-6 or 5-10 inch event..Somewhere will pull in 12

Yup. Figure I'll miss most of the snow, but shouldl have some down by the time I leave for MD on Friday. I'll return on Sunday to a fresh blanket, but I don't think I need to "worry" about needing to clear feet of snow to clear in order to get back into the driveway. Of course, the 06z gfs says I do. :)

As pretty as that is for mby--I really hate this system on many different levels.

Only you. My God.

Well I think every weenie here can now agree there is a 0% chance that we this misses us. Everyone should have snow on the ground... Even Ryan.

The big bomb idea is off the table..but I think we'll all be happy with a 3-6 or 5-10 inch event..Somewhere will pull in 12

It is? I don't think so. I think it's still a distinct possibility. The fact that the water is still muddy this close in and many ingredients are still very much present is reason enough not too dismiss the Bomb yet. Regardless, a complete whiff is becoming highly unlikely with each tick of the clock. Refresher of the snowpack at worst IMHO.

It's not off the table.

Albany's take:

THE MOST INCONSISTENT MODEL

WITH THIS SYSTEM CONTINUES TO BE THE ECMWF. YESTERDAY MORNINGS

MODEL RUN HAD A SUB-970 HPA LOW OFF THE NJ COAST AND SOUTH OF LONG

ISLAND LATE FRI INTO FRI NIGHT. THIS MORNINGS RUN HAS A MUCH WEAKER

STORM WELL SOUTHEAST OF LONG ISLAND...EVEN THOUGH THE LONGWAVE

TROUGH IS TURNING NEGATIVELY TILTED. WE LEANED CLOSER TO THE

GFS/GEFS MEAN/SREF MEAN AND CAN GGEM

Only you. My God.

What do you mean? This system is not pretty--the inv trough scenario is so precarious and I hate that. Does that mean it won't happen and someone gets hit with it pretty good? Does it mean that this system won't morph into a more classic Miller B? No. Right now, though, I find the setup ugly. I am confident it's going to deliver snow, but in an ugly way. That's why I hate it.

Also from ALB:

FRI NIGHT INTO SATURDAY...THE FCST IS A BIT NEBULOUS HERE IN THEMEDIUM RANGE GUIDANCE ON THE TRACK OF THE CLOSED H500 CIRCULATION

AND YET ANOTHER WAVE OF LOW PRESSURE FORMING ON THE E/SE SIDE OF THE

TROUGH. THE GFS SLIDES THE H500 CLOSED LOW OVER PA...AND SOUTHEAST

TO COASTAL SRN NJ. A NEW LOW FORMS EAST OF THE 40N/70W

BENCHMARK...AND THEN IT GETS SLING SHOT BACK WESTWARD...AS THE

CLOSED UPPER LOW CAPTURES THE WAVE. AN EXTENDED PERIOD OF SNOWFALL

WOULD OCCUR FROM THE CAPITAL REGION NORTHWARD. WE KEPT SOME LIKELY

VALUES IN NE OF THE CAPITAL REGION FRI NIGHT...AND WENT WITH HIGH

CHANCE VALUES INTO SAT. A RATHER ROBUST LOW AND MID LEVEL

DEFORMATION ZONE STAYS OVER THE REGION ACCORDING THE GFS. THE ECMWF

IS LEANER WITH THE QPF...AND PAINTS ANY DEFORMATION SNOW MAINLY EAST

OF THE HUDSON RIVER VALLEY. BOTTOM LINE...WE COULD BE LOOKING AT AN

EXTENDED PERIOD OF AT LEAST LIGHT TO OCCASIONALLY MODERATE SNOW.

STAY TUNED.

The blizzard last weekend. I don't see anything like that happening. 12 inches at least as of now seems the upper end for snowfall amts

I'm not entirely discounting. Looking at 0Z, GFS-GEFS,CMC,UK, and ECMWF gave MBY 6+. With GFS,CMC and probably UK approaching or exceeding a foot.

I think you misunderstood my post. I'm talking more about the past few days in general, even prior to that. It's KU or bust for you :thumbsup: I mean that's totally fine, sometimes I get that way too..but I'm just wondering why you wouldn't lower your expectations a bit for a moderate event.

half hour into viewing last nights action.

The issue with Ray which I can relate to is that when the possibility/setup can produce something great you get invested in that possibility. If this was an ordinary swfe that looked like a nice low end warning criteria then expectatoins would be different. We live however in volatile times with regular chances of huge storms. We should at least get one New England wide heavy snow storm this winter. I mean everyone over 12 and many over 18

I like lollis exceeding 1'. Not sure why the Rev of all people is taking the under.

As do I. I put you in the most desirous location for such. At least at this point in time. Let's see where this thing ends up going.

I love the way that the EC is described as the most mercurial of the models. Reallly makes for a roller coast ride, eh?

Archived