Bob Chill Posted 20 hours ago Share Posted 20 hours ago 3 hours ago, CAPE said: I didn't mean to single you out, but keep seeing posts about how Oct snow means doom for winter. Maybe a case can be made about specific patterns that set up in October correlating to an overall unfavorable pattern for the winter. Big november snow also locks in a crappy winter. The big sample size of 1987 was used in my deep analysis. 4 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
mitchnick Posted 6 hours ago Share Posted 6 hours ago Updated October Euro seasonal out. Temos around the same as September.'s. But a little wetter than September. These maps are for DJF combined fyi. https://charts.ecmwf.int/products/seasonal_system5_standard_2mtm?area=NAME&base_time=202610010000&stats=ensm&valid_time=202612020000 https://charts.ecmwf.int/products/seasonal_system5_standard_rain?area=NAME&base_time=202610010000&stats=ensm&valid_time=202612020000 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
mitchnick Posted 6 hours ago Share Posted 6 hours ago I believe @Weather Will and @CAPE would have monthly Euro seasonal maps. Hint, hint...! Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
psuhoffman Posted 5 hours ago Share Posted 5 hours ago On 10/3/2026 at 10:01 AM, WxUSAF said: 02-03 winter in state college was epic and made up (mostly) for the dismal first 3 winters I had there. We had snow for Halloween 2002 and winter kept going until Easter 2003. That was my last winter there and the only good one I experienced. I remember the Halloween snow. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
bncho Posted 5 hours ago Share Posted 5 hours ago 20 minutes ago, mitchnick said: I believe @Weather Will and @CAPE would have monthly Euro seasonal maps. Hint, hint...! 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
bncho Posted 5 hours ago Share Posted 5 hours ago I don’t know how WW does this for a living it took like 10 entire minutes to copy and paste the images 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
mitchnick Posted 3 hours ago Share Posted 3 hours ago I'll try this again. Lol I like how the Euro has 850 temp anomalies for most of the forum under 1C for the DJF period. The SLP for the periid is tasty too. Sorry about the 850 map, but that's all money can buy you on the free site. Bncho? Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Eskimo Joe Posted 3 hours ago Share Posted 3 hours ago @griteater posting Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
ravensrule Posted 1 hour ago Share Posted 1 hour ago 4 hours ago, bncho said: I don’t know how WW does this for a living it took like 10 entire minutes to copy and paste the images He is retired, he has plenty of free time. Thank you @Weather Will for giving all your free time to this board. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now