weathafella Posted Tuesday at 03:18 PM Share Posted Tuesday at 03:18 PM Flying under the radar is the 1997 autumn. Early freeze, well above normal snows in November and December. I remember an approximately 4” event here 11/14 which had a little staying power. 12/23 was a legit snow bomb and then about 5 days later another one that was rainy here but snowed up north I think. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
cleetussnow Posted Tuesday at 04:17 PM Share Posted Tuesday at 04:17 PM 57 minutes ago, weathafella said: Flying under the radar is the 1997 autumn. Early freeze, well above normal snows in November and December. I remember an approximately 4” event here 11/14 which had a little staying power. 12/23 was a legit snow bomb and then about 5 days later another one that was rainy here but snowed up north I think. Which was a record Nino…signs of things to come. Bad things. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
40/70 Benchmark Posted Tuesday at 05:09 PM Author Share Posted Tuesday at 05:09 PM 1 hour ago, weathafella said: Flying under the radar is the 1997 autumn. Early freeze, well above normal snows in November and December. I remember an approximately 4” event here 11/14 which had a little staying power. 12/23 was a legit snow bomb and then about 5 days later another one that was rainy here but snowed up north I think. I would not expect that this year....1997 was low, ascending solar with a strong easterly QBO...very odd timing for a super-El Nino. This year fits the bill with W QBO and descending solar. Good luck with early blocking. 1997 is a very poor polar analog...our chances will come later this year. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ginx snewx Posted 22 hours ago Share Posted 22 hours ago 22 hours ago, 40/70 Benchmark said: I would not expect that this year....1997 was low, ascending solar with a strong easterly QBO...very odd timing for a super-El Nino. This year fits the bill with W QBO and descending solar. Good luck with early blocking. 1997 is a very poor polar analog...our chances will come later this year. What are the correlation values for New England? Good luck with your forecast. Impressive EnSO discussions. New England is a wildcard because of the correlations drop off rapidly here. Not you but I wish people would understand a pos 2 month in Eastern Canada is still bitterly cold. To say there's not going to be cold air source this winter is incorrect. It is entirely possible our pattern of cold stormy intrusions continues all fall. 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
forkyfork Posted 18 hours ago Share Posted 18 hours ago warm and rainy 1 1 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
stadiumwave Posted 11 hours ago Share Posted 11 hours ago CANSIPS OCTOBER UPDATE DEC JAN FEB 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
40/70 Benchmark Posted 3 hours ago Author Share Posted 3 hours ago I don't love the look of the CANSIPS in February....that looks rather suppressed at peak climo. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
40/70 Benchmark Posted 2 hours ago Author Share Posted 2 hours ago Trend of the CANSIPS is as I expected...its strengthening that ridge and edging it further southward. For instance, it's trying to do this for December. But I think we end up with something like this: Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
forkyfork Posted 1 hour ago Share Posted 1 hour ago yeah. warm and rainy 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
forkyfork Posted 1 hour ago Share Posted 1 hour ago ray-nee 1 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
George001 Posted 14 minutes ago Share Posted 14 minutes ago 2 hours ago, 40/70 Benchmark said: Trend of the CANSIPS is as I expected...its strengthening that ridge and edging it further southward. For instance, it's trying to do this for December. But I think we end up with something like this: Yeah we are going to lose December. The question is what happens after that. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now