Total Members
    Most Online
    gopenoxfox
    Newest Member
    gopenoxfox
2024 Golf Thread

Chrisrotary12

36 minutes ago, Chrisrotary12 said:

Anyone ever played Keene Country Club? Playing there this coming Sunday for a NHGA event. 55 two man teams. 6-6-6 format (fourball, alternate shot, scramble).

I haven’t but it looks like a decent track. I’ve wanted to play Bretwood, the 36 hole place across town but haven’t gotten the chance yet. Report back on what you think. 

@kdxken

@Chrisrotary12
 and anyone else who may be interested, the deadline to enter the AmericanWx PGA Championship pool with your five players and prediction of the winning 72 hole score to par is 7AM tomorrow. You can go to 2024 PGA Tour thread in Sports Zone forum to enter and see the scoring rules. No prizes/money. Just for fun. Three entered so far.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, GaWx said:

@kdxken

@Chrisrotary12
 and anyone else who may be interested, the deadline to enter the AmericanWx PGA Championship pool with your five players and prediction of the winning 72 hole score to par is 7AM tomorrow. You can go to 2024 PGA Tour thread in Sports Zone forum to enter and see the scoring rules. No prizes/money. Just for fun. Three entered so far.

Damn I missed out. Maybe next time. Good luck to all!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Good pGA championship. The Course played easier than I’d like but the best player won. 

I thought the same. About Schauffle and the course. I wonder if the format the LIV guys play hurts them when they have to play four rounds and deal with a cut. It seems like they have started to fade at the majors. Except for DeChambeau this week. 

21 hours ago, mreaves said:

I thought the same. About Schauffle and the course. I wonder if the format the LIV guys play hurts them when they have to play four rounds and deal with a cut. It seems like they have started to fade at the majors. Except for DeChambeau this week. 

I used to think that as well but Brooks shot 5 under yesterday as did DJ. Bryson as you mentioned. Burmester played really well too. I think just one liv player missed the cut?

2 hours ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I used to think that as well but Brooks shot 5 under yesterday as did DJ. Bryson as you mentioned. Burmester played really well too. I think just one liv player missed the cut?

5 of the 16 LIV players (31%) MC per this:

https://golfweek.usatoday.com/lists/2024-pga-championship-how-all-16-liv-golf-players-fared-valhalla/

The 31% is actually pretty good considering that 50% of all 156 players MC or WD.

Played in my second New Hampshire Golf Association event this past Sunday. Partner event at Keene Country Club. 
1st 6 holes: fourball

2nd 6 holes: modified alternate shot

3rd 6 holes: scramble

Partner & I: -1, +5, -5 = -1 and a T-11.

(alternate shot is hard)