• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
ECLIPSE CHASING!!!!

12 hours ago, Volcanic Winter said:

Wow, enjoy!!! Hornstrandir is unbelievably gorgeous and looks like you’re in Middle Earth. We go in winter pretty exclusively so Hornstrandir hasn’t been an option for us, but it’s a very committed trip to be sure. Be safe and have the very best time, I’m jealous!

19 hours ago, L.I.Pete said:

This is my plan too. Had to work for this one.

Got stuck in Reykjavik because of airline delays back in September last year coming back from another backpacking trip in Scotland. We ended up staying the night and had a blast with some locals downtown. We've been looking for an excuse to go back and the eclipse seems perfect. I'm worried with how busy the ferry businesses will be but we're gonna make the effort.

• Like 3

Just now, Nibor said:

Got stuck in Reykjavik because of airline delays back in September last year coming back from another backpacking trip in Scotland. We ended up staying the night and had a blast with some locals downtown. We've been looking for an excuse to go back and the eclipse seems perfect. I'm worried with how busy the ferry businesses will be but we're gonna make the effort.

Reykjavik remains one of the absolute coolest towns I've ever been to in my life.

• Like 2

On 4/10/2024 at 8:09 AM, donsutherland1 said:

This is one aspect of modeling that still has ample room for improvement. I am glad that some of the areas that looked unfavorable on the guidance actually had good views of the solar eclipse. The National Blend of Models did quite well within 36 hours for some areas, but not all. The GFS might have done worst of all, though I didn't check it once I had departed for the eclipse.

As long as you got at least 100 miles north or east of Syracuse you were in good shape.  Watertown only had some high thin cirrus clouds!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LibertyBell said:

As long as you got at least 100 miles north or east of Syracuse you were in good shape.  Watertown only had some high thin cirrus clouds!

I'm glad Watertown did well. The City had planned a huge event and it was important that things worked out.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Allsnow said:

Metro area got hosed with the late afternoon cloud cover 

Really didn't feel like it affected it much at all though...any instance where the clouds became thick enough was very brief. Was kinda cool watching the high clouds drift by the eclipse from time to time .

• Like 2