• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Central Pa. Spring 2024

Light rail. Brings back memories. I lived right across from what had been designated a boundary of the fairly new Liberty State Park in Jersey City. State used eminent domain to force people out across the street on our block. It was empty for awhile over there and then lo and behold, they put in the Hudson-Bergen Light Rail.

image.png.b52911e2c888ed5d3ac72b5defdd629b.png

This is what I saw: The Putt Putt. Serving hundreds of thousands of people yet I was astonished to see it for first time and never stopped being amazed. Just a toy Putt Putt of two light rail cars. Now it has three cars, I think, big deal. Wikipedia says it carries about 50,000 passengers a day. 24 stations. It did come in very handy at times for me but I mostly stuck with PATH train that went into Manhattan.

I am all for public transportation but so many of the modern day additions are disasters and jokes more than anything. Why is that?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hudson–Bergen_Light_Rail

So much for the Park. After Light Rail, the tan building went in and so did several other even taller buildings across the street. Park is still there but they definitely sold off land to developers just because they felt like it.

image.png.9c4041a41304851bab13199237dfe48c.png

A nice couple of warm days on the way with highs near 80 degrees today and into the low to mid 80's tomorrow. Next chance of showers by Thursday. For the Memorial Day weekend Friday looks great with sunny skies and temps near 80 degrees. Unfortunately, our weekend pattern for unsettled weather looks to continue. No washouts but some showers are possible almost anytime through the weekend.
Daily records for Chester County for today: High 97 degrees at Phoenixville (1934) / Record low 30 degrees in West Chester (2002) / Rain 5.56" at West Chester (1894)
image.png.9bcda457c64fbc20720962bc67f9d033.png
  • Like 1

@Bubbler86 MU is spilling the jargon for the weekend!

I don't foresee any "washouts" between Friday-Monday, but there will certainly be multiple bouts of showers and storms throughout the weekend. I'll do my best to parse which time periods may be most active, but understand that exact details can and will change over the next 2-3 days

4 minutes ago, canderson said:

Looks like higher end EF4 damage there 

I just saw a picture of a road being stripped away. I think the NWS is afraid to pull the trigger on EF5s post Moore, but El Reno, Mayfield and Rolling Fork were probably EF5s and this is probably pretty close, too.