• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/DE Winter 2023-2024 OBS/Discussion

The Iceman

real disappointed, no convective  issues.  Just not unstable enough.  Winds are really not bad either. 1-3 in for snow still in the cards however.  The heavy rain total thus far is over 1.5 now easily and still moderate rain.   I see  a flood advisory maybe for my area if the rain keeps up. Cold front has come  through with  temps falling into  low to mid 40's in macungie.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Albedoman said:

real disappointed, no convective  issues.  Just not unstable enough.  Winds are really not bad either. 1-3 in for snow still in the cards however.  The heavy rain total thus far is over 1.5 now easily and still moderate rain.   I see  a flood advisory maybe for my area if the rain keeps up. Cold front has come  through with  temps falling into  low to mid 40's in macungie.

You still think we’re getting 1-3”? I doubt we see anything more than an inch, and even that’s being a little generous.

40 minutes ago, LVblizzard said:

You still think we’re getting 1-3”? I doubt we see anything more than an inch, and even that’s being a little generous.

strictly elevation driven. Ridges on S mtn  2-3 inches maybe  LV floor allentown coating  to an inch. The cold air is just not deep enough and is taking its time getting here

53 minutes ago, Albedoman said:

I don't see this at all. And the winds may have maxed out at 10-15 mph....overall a dud besides needed rain.

45F/Light rain

With the non-diurnal temp swings yesterday, my "low" for yesterday ended up being just before midnight with the cold front having moved through, and after a high of 61.

Ended up with 1.95" of rain yesterday plus an additional 0.43" (so far) today, for a 2-day total of 2.38" of rain.  Currently light rain and 37 with dp 37.

3 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

>50% snow here now. Can't really tell because I put a red light in (Christmas) where my 1.21 Gigawatts snow light would normally be...

34F/Snow/rain

Probably all snow, that's what it is here, just light to moderate so no  accumulations to speak of, but there is a coating on the cars and a tarp on the woodpile. 35F, DP 32.

• Like 1

Still have a rain/snow mix here blowing out of the NW, although the flakes aren't the pancakes from earlier.  Am up to 0.53" for the day so far (2.48" 2-day rain total).

Flooding has Lincoln Dr. closed and the Wissahickon Creek is definitely out of its banks!

Currently 35 with dp 34 with light rain/snow mix.

usgs-wissahickon-5am-graph-12112023.png

• Like 1