Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Pittsburgh, Pa Winter 2023-24 Thread.

meatwad

4 minutes ago, Rd9108 said:

Is this the most sunshine we have had in January/February? 

Probably. Also, we will be hitting the middle of the month with 0.01” of precip so far at PIT, which is a record for the first half of February. Previous record for that time period was 0.07”.

35 minutes ago, TimB said:

Probably. Also, we will be hitting the middle of the month with 0.01” of precip so far at PIT, which is a record for the first half of February. Previous record for that time period was 0.07”.

So much for that super Nino. 

Also I know we've had some terrible luck but I wouldn't give up on this weekend yet. 

3 minutes ago, Rd9108 said:

So much for that super Nino. 

Also I know we've had some terrible luck but I wouldn't give up on this weekend yet. 

I’m not. Same range of possibilities as the current storm at similar range.

The problem with the weekend storm is there’s not model agreement at this point that the storm will even happen, let alone what areas it would hit, and we’re getting awfully close to the point where that matters.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TimB said:

The problem with the weekend storm is there’s not model agreement at this point that the storm will even happen, let alone what areas it would hit, and we’re getting awfully close to the point where that matters.

Sounds awfully familiar.... 

Canadian and Ukie are pretty weak and nonevent-ish looking. Maybe give them some respect after this last debacle. Either way, that is the next discrete threat to follow.

18 minutes ago, KPITSnow said:

Saturday looks like once again we won’t know until late in the game whether it’s an advisory level event or not.

ill say this, I have places to be Saturday morning. I really don’t want a 1-2 event that just annoys me. 

It’s not going to be an advisory type event. At best it’s the 1-2 type thing you mention.

I take that back, there are still a few models like the RGEM that want this to be a low end advisory thing.

10 hours ago, TheClimateChanger said:

On all the ensembles, there's another Omega block look setting up for next weekend, except with the ridge potentially positioned further west.

I had highlighted this period in the past because the ensembles had pretty classic East Coast snowstorm looks before.  Now that look is not at all the same, but it could still setup into something interesting.  The operationals show nothing but that's irrelevant right now.

Remember that the last time that omega block happened, we had a pretty major storm, it just missed us by a few hundred miles and buried other places in feet of snow.

It's quite possible this is our last chance before March torches, so I'm going to enjoy tracking this even if it amounts to nothing.

1 minute ago, Rd9108 said:

Atleast we have a 1-3 shot with a clipper coming. Hopefully it overperforms and we can somehow get to over 20 inches on the season.

With PIT sitting at 11.6 for the season, that’s a steep climb.