Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Pittsburgh, Pa Winter 2023-24 Thread.

meatwad

7 minutes ago, TimB said:

Ultimately this event wasn’t a bust, most places are going to be in that 3-5 range. A few places lower (somehow the NWS only officially got 2.3” and our futility streak continues) and maybe a few places in the top end of that range.

Looks like that 2.3” was at 4:00pm.  The band was mostly after that  time period though.  Might have a little more.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ahoff said:

Looks like that 2.3” was at 4:00pm.  The band was mostly after that  time period though.  Might have a little more.

This is where the official measurement at the NWS office and not at PIT itself actually does get us.

Just now, Ahoff said:

Yeah, but wasn’t it taken at 4pm?  Wouldn’t it stand to reason there could be more after that recorded?

Yes, and yes. I’m not arguing bust on this event. Just saying we’re going to get unlucky on the number that actually goes in the record book, which ultimately doesn’t matter looking at my backyard.

I missed out on the band other than a half hour of heavy snow. Probably got about 2.5 inches.

Fairly dissapointing that this was our “big” storm. 

So at your house it fell short by .5 “ of the NWS call. Gotta keep things in perspective.

Looks like a general 3”-5”. It will be fun to see who pops 6”+ where the band persisted. (I was not one of them, but it doesn’t mean it doesn’t count - lol). Congrats to those cashing in. 

I saw a 6” in Monesson and 8.5” in Lisbon, Oh where the band originally posted up

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Burghblizz said:

Looks like a general 3”-5”. It will be fun to see who pops 6”+ where the band persisted. (I was not one of them, but it doesn’t mean it doesn’t count - lol). Congrats to those cashing in. 

I saw a 6” in Monesson and 8.5” in Lisbon, Oh where the band originally posted up

East Liverpool - 8”. Just missed that by 30 miles 

I’m not someone that rips on NWS because they aren’t giving me the “headlines” I want…

But man, this band needed something more than continuing an advisory for 1-2” additional. 

There is going to be a wide swath (or at least long swath) of areas that got an additional 4-5” in a matter of hours.