Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Winter 23/24

Voyager

5 minutes ago, Voyager said:

Isn't that how it usually goes these days. AN most of winter and then BN most of spring?

Not sure how much BN (some) but less AN coming for a lot of the second half of March on the MR models.   After today, every high temp on the zones for the next week is BN though.    Normal for this time next week is mid 50's. 

46 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Partly Sunny with a current temp well above the forecast high (again) of 59. Another beautiful day to be outside.

It has snuck up to 55 here.  If it were not so windy it would be pretty nice...we have sustained 15-20 and gusts mostly 35-40 but a couple over 40. 

27 minutes ago, Ruin said:

So much for that cold front we had early fri. My temps yesterday and today are about 8-10 higher then forecasted sitting at 62 when my forecast was 53????

The front on Friday was an occluded front that had clouds and some slightly cooler air but not a true cold front.   It was always supposed to be in the upper 50's and 60's this weekend (always as in the last few days.)  If the NWS was calling for low 50's, take it up with them for their inability to forecast.  Here is the GFS from Wed for today.  Sure, it got 5-8 degrees higher, but it was not supposed to be BN this weekend.  The Icon was closer to reality.    Again, this is the model from 5 days ago.

image.png.36018c8b2d9c2361d81063b0b2f124ec.png

image.png.84d810642ab2822e28bcca86155e92b1.png

33 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

The front on Friday was an occluded front that had clouds and some slightly cooler air but not a true cold front.   It was always supposed to be in the upper 50's and 60's this weekend (always as in the last few days.)  If the NWS was calling for low 50's, take it up with them for their inability to forecast.  Here is the GFS from Wed for today.  Sure, it got 5-8 degrees higher, but it was not supposed to be BN this weekend.  The Icon was closer to reality.    Again, this is the model from 5 days ago.

this is the main reason why I just dont trust forecasts/forecasters esp during the winter months. Just like back in the second half of feb that big cold outbreak the temp guidance kept saying was coming got pushed back pushed back and then nothing. Nothing is done when they make huge mistakes it feels every time they upgrade a model they get worse. yeah sure they may have a few storms they get right. but what is the actually accuracy lvl of forecast models? Anywhere I can look that tells me how accurate models are including the temp guidance model?

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

That is crazy talk.  It was always going to be 55-60 today (at least).  Crazy talk on their part.  I have the weed wacker out taking out the onions. 

43 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I wasn't trying to complain or argue with you. I was only making an observation that the actual high today was way higher than what State College forecast, which unfortunately is not uncommon. My high today was 11 degrees higher than forecast. That's worth posting about.

27 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I wasn't trying to complain or argue with you. I was only making an observation that the actual high today was way higher than what State College forecast, which unfortunately is not uncommon. My high today was 11 degrees higher than forecast. That's worth posting about.

Yea, I was saying that CTP's forecast was not good if they thought the high today was going to be 52.   Heck, it was 47 this AM when I got up!    The post above was direct at Ruin not you though :-). 

2 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Yea, I was saying that CTP's forecast was not good if they thought the high today was going to be 52.   Heck, it was 47 this AM when I got up!    The post above was direct at Ruin not you though :-). 

And to add, the guy from MU was calling for 60 today. :)

2 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I feel like they are wrong more often then right about temps

Officially after dealing with a horrible tooth infection from a root canal all weekend I have to say that I'd rather get hit by a car again. For some reason my dentist would not give me steroids for pain so I had to go to er for steroid shot. Doctor there told me to report her so I did. I have never had pain relief like that steroid shot.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Officially after dealing with a horrible tooth infection from a root canal all weekend I have to say that I'd rather get hit by a car again. For some reason my dentist would not give me steroids for pain so I had to go to er for steroid shot. Doctor there told me to report her so I did. I have never had pain relief like that steroid shot.

Your dentist thinks you'd rage on a single shot. She was protecting your immediate family. She deserves an award.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

Your dentist thinks you'd rage on a single shot. She was protecting your immediate family. She deserves an award.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

What sucked is I had left over pain meds from surgery but wouldn't take them cause I wasn't sure they would work and if they didn't going to the hospital would have been off of list due to their assumptions

24 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

Time for a new dentist. I recommend Fields Family Dentistry