Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Winter 23/24

Voyager

31 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

College baseball bores me for some reason. I think it's the broadcasting, but I also think it's the metal bats. These kids are months away from the metal bats going bye bye, and really, the NCAA should make them go bye bye so there isn't that adjustment to wood.

That and I have yet to see or hear about some collegiate goliath hitting a 700 foot homer. That would change my opinion pretty goddamned fast.

And then I would petition for a brick wall between home and the mound to protect pitchers and introduce the metal bats to MLB so there is a race between Fernando Tatis, Jr., Vlad Guerrero, Jr., Ronald Acuña, Pete Alonso, Aaron Judge, and Giancarlo Stanton to the the first with a 1,000 ft blast.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

I agree about the bats. I've been told its a money thing, which i call BS as you simply just get a sponsor to supply bats, just as they do now. 

I agree about the bats. I've been told its a money thing, which i call BS as you simply just get a sponsor to supply bats, just as they do now. 
I mean, yeah, the downside to a wood bat is it can only break once. The answer is to slather Louisville Slugger even more over everything or have their logo tattooed on the ass cheeks of the players and back up the trucks.

• Like 1

It's kinda like what happened in the UFC with the shorts. The company didn't like seeing CondomDepot.com written across the asses of grown sweaty half naked men rolling around beating the shit out of each other, so they greased the ghost of Adi Dassler to get Reebok to make uniforms.

I'm tired of hearing about college standouts needing an additional half a season in the bushes because they can't get adjusted to a bag that isn't scientifically engineered to expand the sweet spot from the top of the barrel to the knob of the bat so that an attempted bunt becomes a three run shot. Somebody needs to manufacturer some damned bats. D1 only at first to save the up-front cost.

• Like 1

I'm tired of describing how late I am to post the Nooners... Nooners: Cloudy and 59°F. It looks like the sun wants to break out of the clouds. Probably not, though.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, mahantango#1 said:

I believe DT has put winter way back in the rear view. But there could be some freak event till the middle of April.

I was just laughing at the content.  Some models show cold, some do not.  He does not add any context for opinion to it.  LOL. Worst PBP of the winter. 

8 minutes ago, canderson said:

I bought a SRO ticket deal for Phillies games in April. It was like $9 a ticket. 

I am not even a Phillies fan but figure we might go to a couple games for the hell of it. 

I received an email offer yesterday for 11 April games for $99. I already have tickets to 5 games so I passed on it. 

I currently hold tickets to 15 games this year - 10 in Baltimore and 5 in Philly. I have to keep my wife happy with her Harper/Stott fix. 

• Haha 3

I'm tired of describing how late I am to post the Nooners... Nooners: Cloudy and 59°F. It looks like the sun wants to break out of the clouds. Probably not, though.

I was wrong. Sun is shining.

9 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I received an email offer yesterday for 11 April games for $99. I already have tickets to 5 games so I passed on it. 

I currently hold tickets to 15 games this year - 10 in Baltimore and 5 in Philly. I have to keep my wife happy with her Harper/Stott fix. 

The women of SE PA have been suffering with no James Harden to fixate on anymore.  

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Yea that’s what I got. We have some O’s tickets to Boston games and a Boston trip in September and prob se the Rangers in Texas in a few weeks too. Yay baseball. Well except Boston will finish 30 games back lol 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I bet she will enjoy the new baseball pants, too! 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, canderson said:

I bet she will enjoy the new baseball pants, too! 

Fanatics is an embarrassment. A complete monopoly and complete disgrace in merchandise quality. I got her a Phillies windbreaker for $69 and I've received better quality merch at giveaway games. 

15 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

Sixty-two and sunny. I am now prepared to fight anyone who posts snow maps.

I'll be online and ready for 6:30PM. Gonna make me some great fodder for my next "day in the life of Central PA" edition...

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

It is March 5th! It snowed in May, with Accums, a few years ago. 

It has been 17 days since the last flakes flew here - honestly it seems like it's been much longer. I'm sure Blizz will pull something out of the bottom of his toboggan tonight but I've moved on. The likelihood of snow drops with each passing day but more importantly...the chances of something significant are becoming extremely low. It is big game season for the HR guy...nuisance snows well into March or beyond just aren't appealing.

Having said that - and directly to your post...while a nuisance snow in March is worthless to me, ANY kind of snow in May is very, very cool because of the novelty of such an event. 

4 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

It has been 17 days since the last flakes flew here - honestly it seems like it's been much longer. I'm sure Blizz will pull something out of the bottom of his toboggan tonight but I've moved on. The likelihood of snow drops with each passing day but more importantly...the chances of something significant are becoming extremely low. It is big game season for the HR guy...nuisance snows well into March or beyond just aren't appealing.

Having said that - and directly to your post...while a nuisance snow in March is worthless to me, ANY kind of snow in May is very, very cool because of the novelty of such an event. 

I am pretty much looking big game too but like every end of winter, people want to rush mother nature. 

Just now, Bubbler86 said:

I am pretty much looking big game too but like every end of winter, people want to rush mother nature. 

I agree with you 100% on this, and I'm not rushing anything...but I sure was enjoying what we've had and wouldn't complain if it continued. :) 

9 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

It is March 5th! It snowed in May, with Accums, a few years ago. 

I have received measurable snowfall in 15% of Aprils and 62% of Marchs since I've been keeping records.  Have never recorded snowfall in May but did see it falling in late May up near Bradford when my wife and I were on a trip to the Allegheny National Forest.  For good measure, October 8% of the time and November 54% (although a few were <.2" for the entire month).

• Like 2