Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Winter 23/24

Voyager

49 minutes ago, MAG5035 said:

I would take what happened in March/Early April 2018 after that insanely warm February again in a heartbeat. Had almost 2 feet of snow after March 1st and still my biggest snow event personally since Feb 2010 (March 21st 13.2”). Not sure if that’s in the cards this winter but that was def one of the wildest late winter reversals I remember. That was the last winter with an early Easter too. 

Yes sir. That equinox storm dropped 17.5" officially here in Lanco. Almost all of it fell during daytime heating.

• Like 1

A few very mild days on the way to start the week before a sharp turn to colder by Thursday before another warm up by next weekend. Rain chances Tuesday night into Wednesday.
Chester County records for today: High 76 West Chester (1930) / Low 6 below Coatesville (1914) / Precipitation 1.83" Coatesville (1929) / Snow 8.0" East Nantmeal (2010) / Phoenixville (1894)
image.png.7785946160ea64b125ea13f9d8fd5ab3.png
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

32 in the Ville this Am.  Last freezing AM until Thur maybe. 

28 in Maytown this morning.

Last week you shared an RGEM temp map showing Lanco at 8 degrees Sunday morning. I took the double over, meaning I thought there was no way we'd even get down to 16. I had a few anxious moments Saturday evening as the temp was falling fast for hours. The temp really stalled out after midnight - it was 22 at that time and only fell 2 more degrees. There were a lot of teens elsewhere; however, so undoubtedly some got close to that 16 mark.

The RGEM consistently undercut all other guidance and forecasts. Even though it was overdone, there were days when the temps did indeed fall below all other guidance and forecasts and nestled in closer to the RGEM. 

3 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

28 in Maytown this morning.

Last week you shared an RGEM temp map showing Lanco at 8 degrees Sunday morning. I took the double over, meaning I thought there was no way we'd even get down to 16. I had a few anxious moments Saturday evening as the temp was falling fast for hours. The temp really stalled out after midnight - it was 22 at that time and only fell 2 more degrees. There were a lot of teens elsewhere; however, so undoubtedly some got close to that 16 mark.

The RGEM consistently undercut all other guidance and forecasts. Even though it was overdone, there were days when the temps did indeed fall below all other guidance and forecasts and nestled in closer to the RGEM. 

Yea, the rgem has been right in undercutting other stuff but has been "underdone" a lot of times as of late.   Has seemed safe, on good radiational cooling nights, to split the difference. 

• Like 1

Back from having the week off, so I'll be a bit more active.  You know what that means, more annoying numbers and data for you all.  Low of 28 here.  A warm couple days ahead.  I don't think we challenge any records, although the max min record for Wednesday could be in play if the temp doesn't drop fast enough by midnight on Wednesday evening.  Was doing my monthly chicken scratch and I think we end February with a mean temp of 38.5, good for 8th place all-time.  Book it.

National high of 96 in Rio Grande Village, TX and low of 6 near Forest Center, MN.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Back from having the week off, so I'll be a bit more active.  You know what that means, more annoying numbers and data for you all.  Low of 28 here.  A warm couple days ahead.  I don't think we challenge any records, although the max min record for Wednesday could be in play if the temp doesn't drop fast enough by midnight on Wednesday evening.  Was doing my monthly chicken scratch and I think we end February with a mean temp of 38.5, good for 8th place all-time.  Book it.

National high of 96 in Rio Grande Village, TX and low of 6 near Forest Center, MN.

Good deal. I've missed these posts. :)  

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I'm looking forward to and going to enjoy the spring weather the next few days.

Having said that, it's sort of depressing to see that the board is already in spring mode. It's been over 2 hours since the last post in the MA LR thread...sobering. 

Sobering indeed.  But I actually kind of enjoy the off times of year when posting is reduced and you don't have to scroll through a thousand posts every time you check in on things ha.  Outside of a couple major snow events, my posting is pretty much the same year-round.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Sobering indeed.  But I actually kind of enjoy the off times of year when posting is reduced and you don't have to scroll through a thousand posts every time you check in on things ha.  Outside of a couple major snow events, my posting is pretty much the same year-round.

If this is a read-between-the-words request for a panel by panel run down of the entire 384 GFS at 12Z, just come right out and ask for it!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Sometimes I actually post more during the offseason. Feels more open to share odd random musings. 

Just now, Bubbler86 said:

If this is a read-between-the-words request for a panel by panel run down of the entire 384 GFS at 12Z, just come right out and ask for it!

Will you please provide a full detailed PBP of today's 12z GFS? I want to know how many snow maps I can expect at 6:30pm eastern time. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I'm looking forward to and going to enjoy the spring weather the next few days.

Having said that, it's sort of depressing to see that the board is already in spring mode. It's been over 2 hours since the last post in the MA LR thread...sobering. 

Wednesday and Thursday won't be too pleasant - stiff east and then south winds. They might end up with advisories Wednesday in the northern part of the sub. 

6 minutes ago, canderson said:

Wednesday and Thursday won't be too pleasant - stiff east and then south winds. They might end up with advisories Wednesday in the northern part of the sub. 

Well today is pleasant.  EB Nooners, sunny with a light breeze and 52.   GFS has it around 35 on Thursday at this point. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Sometimes I actually post more during the offseason. Feels more open to share odd random musings. 

Will you please provide a full detailed PBP of today's 12z GFS? I want to know how many snow maps I can expect at 6:30pm eastern time. 

Don't see any snow maps coming but today-Wed are the warmest days in the run.  A few days in the 50's but mostly 40's going forward. 

• Thanks 1