Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Winter 23/24

Voyager

3 minutes ago, mitchnick said:

On another note, we really need to score with this and thru the next 2 weeks because we are dealing with some ugly ensembles at the end of their forecast period. 

Need the op's to stop with the cutters ball.  GFS had something on MLK but the one of interest before trended the wrong way with nothing to force it under us.  CMC has some energy get into the base of the trough and poof it is gone.  Does show a rare Clipper late. 

Just now, mitchnick said:

Euro holds onto the slp longer into WV and is warmer. I hate to admit, but the 6z Nam sorta did the same thing, but not as agressive.

6z Euro main issue to me is precip cut way back for a lot of CTP.

Best precip in Lehigh Valley to New England this run, so they get best snow this run.

If we get near 1 inch of precip to us, we will be fine.

IMG_4107.png

IMG_4106.png

1 minute ago, mitchnick said:

Euro holds onto the slp longer into WV and is warmer. I hate to admit, but the 6z Nam sorta did the same thing, but not as agressive.

And the Nam is not really showing as much going on the Eastern Flank early on like it was yesterday.    This is a much closer Miller B look unfortunately though some definitions of Miller B say the storm has to form in the Oh Valley vs come up the apps. 

image.png.e6d5e73f035377e49bec0df8190f86f9.png

7 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

And the Nam is not really showing as much going on the Eastern Flank early on like it was yesterday.    This is a much closer Miller B look unfortunately though some definitions of Miller B say the storm has to form in the Oh Valley vs come up the apps. 

image.png.e6d5e73f035377e49bec0df8190f86f9.png

Likely a NAM hiccup 

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

I cannot see the maps but going to guess we get dry slotted on the Euro with the transfer. 

It’s actually embarrassing that we can’t even get the nature of the low pressure tracks and transfers down, miller B and A are toggling <48 hours out. 

• Like 2

Just now, DDweatherman said:

It’s actually embarrassing that we can’t even get the nature of the low pressure tracks and transfers down, miller B and A are toggling <48 hours out. 

If you are referring to the models (and not definitions and which is right) I would propose that we need more definitions as I argue this was never really a true Miller A on some progs.   It was on some of the Icon runs and maybe the Canadians. The Nam 12 was clearly showing dual SLP's yesterday so although the output panels looked like a Miller A, there was energy going up into the TN and OH valley as well.  

29 minutes ago, mitchnick said:

On another note, we really need to score with this and thru the next 2 weeks because we are dealing with some ugly ensembles at the end of their forecast period. 

The EPS & GEPS look absolutely amazing & loaded with potential.

This is their advertised pattern in the day 8 to 15.

Look at those blocks with a coast to coast trough underneath.

IMG_4108.png

IMG_4109.png

im so confused atm bigger models suggest nah hold up no big storm a few inchs the other models are like hold my beer. holds serve to maybe slightly higher amounts. I will say this that this storm better not up and disappear like a fart in the wind