Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November Discobs 2023

George BM

On 11/28/2023 at 5:00 PM, stormy said:

27 at 5 pm and headed toward 5 GEM, 18 GFS and 20 ECM............

Some of my HS students said their thermometers at home and in their cars said 9 or 10 degrees that morning.  My heat pump’s online temp said it was 14 when I checked around 8:00am that morning.  Was driving an old truck instead of my car so I didn’t have the temp displayed in my own vehicle

10 hours ago, 87storms said:

Sun is out now, an unusual occurrence this week. Temps are climbing into the adequate range as well. Approval stamped.

today was quite pleasant.

that is the nice thing about here compared to being even not that much further north (Philly/NY) - the cold never lasts that long.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic
11 hours ago, pazzo83 said:

today was quite pleasant.

that is the nice thing about here compared to being even not that much further north (Philly/NY) - the cold never lasts that long.

Yea, and often times when I view the satellite imagery, it seems like there's an endless stream of clouds through the upper Midwest to northeast.  I don't think I'd like that very much.  I could see myself retiring in New England, but probably only when my basketball days and maybe even mountain biking days are over, though the idea of summer biking up there and not having to chase a nor'easter is intriguing.

My numbers for the month of November 2023.

Averaged high was 55.4 degrees vs a normal of 55.4 degrees, a spot on 0.0 difference. The warmest temp recorded was 73.4 degrees on the 8th. Averaged low was 29.5 degrees vs a normal of 31.0 degrees, -1.5 below average. The coldest temp recorded was 13.3 degrees on the 29th. Overall averaged temp was 42.4 degrees vs a normal of 43.2 degrees, -0.8 degrees below average. Total rainfall for the month was 2.39 inches vs a normal of 2.78 inches, -0.39 below average. There were 7 days with measurable, 4 days with a 'T' and 19 dry days. The wettest day was the 22nd with 1.79 inches falling, or 75% of the entire month's rainfall. There was only a 'T' of snowfall vs a normal of 0.3 inches, -0.3 inches below normal. The greatest snowfall was on 4 days, all with a 'T', the 1st, 2nd, 28th and 29th. The highest wind recorded was 36 mph on the 29th. There were several records for the month. The 1.79 inches of rainfall was a new daily record on the 22nd. New record lows were set on the 2nd and 3rd, and a new record 'cool max' was set on the 2nd. Although a fairly 'average' month on paper, a very cold start and finish to the month with a warm and dry middle. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3