Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2023-2024 Fall/Winter Mountain Thread

The Alchemist

4 minutes ago, wncsnow said:

December is looking above average. All the cold is absent in Canada in the 10-14 day range. I'm starting to think it's going to be another ho hum above average winter with very few snow chances outside the border areas. 

Things start to really shift around after the 5th of December.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, wncsnow said:

December is looking above average. All the cold is absent in Canada in the 10-14 day range. I'm starting to think it's going to be another ho hum above average winter with very few snow chances outside the border areas. 

Typical strong El nino is warm December transition in January and a cold February. Not saying that’ll be the case but nothing to get worked up about at this point. On a side note I’m happy with the December look and think it may hold a surprise due to a -NAO developing.

• Like 3

It's still snowing above 5kft here, even without clouds. That really drives home how cold it is!

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C0KwtkUMBoi/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

I took a quick hike up the bald after work in a hoodie and jeans. 17 and windy up there and feeling pretty brutal! That rising moon with the snow and rime ice made the effort well worth it.16f24a0dfe78ebc48654fd07030a64dc.jpg

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

• Like 12

I'm personally liking what we are seeing in the medium range. So many opportunities for finally transitioning to a pattern that is typical of a slightly stronger Nino for our Region. Slow but surely that so called torch for next week is dwindling. We are close to seeing some meaningful Clipper activity. Compared to last year when I managed a couple of inches, I'll take the potential ahead.

• Like 3