Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
October Banter 2023

George BM

2 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Why is Agholor on the team? So mediocre. OBJ is clearly done. Ravens need to get another receiver.

I think we're good at receiver. Agholor is not a main reciever...he's one of a group. Even with his inconsistencies, this is the best situation for him...because if he has issues, the others can pick it up. I am concerned about him in the clutch, yes...but it's not so bad we need another receiver. I mean for crying out loud we got Zay, Bate, AND OBJ along with Andrews. We need to focus on maybe running back or an extra pass rusher.

7 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

I think we're good at receiver. Agholor is not a main reciever...he's one of a group. Even with his inconsistencies, this is the best situation for him...because if he has issues, the others can pick it up. I am concerned about him in the clutch, yes...but it's not so bad we need another receiver. I mean for crying out loud we got Zay, Bate, AND OBJ along with Andrews. We need to focus on maybe running back or an extra pass rusher.

Eight games in, what has OBJ shown you? Bateman has been decent, but lets see if he can stay healthy. Love Zay, but is he a number one? If they are going to make a move before the deadline, a receiver is probably near the top of the list, along with some help on the edge.

5 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Eight games in, what has OBJ shown you? Bateman has been decent, but lets see if he can stay healthy. Love Zay, but is he a number one? If they are going to make a move before the deadline, a receiver is probably near the top of the list, along with some help on the edge.

I continue to believe OBJ's time is later in the season and the playoffs when it matter most. And Zay may not be a No. 1 (yet) but could have legit potential to be one. Bateman...yes, health! That's a gamble...but gotta see what you have. But notice...while you could find a flaw with them individually (I mean Zay's main thing is just being a rookie, not exactly a "flaw")...these receivers together present a legitimate threat.

I would bet my next paycheck receiver is not at the top of the list. This is in no way a desperate enough receiver situation where a trade is a necessity (besides the room is already packed, lol) We invested a LOT in that area through both the OBJ signing and drafting Zay. We are not about to invest more draft capital for that, imo I mean it was THE focus of our off-season after all. Our fanbase has a bottomless want of a "true No. 1" (and I get that given our history)--listen, this is the best receiver room we have ever had overall (not like they had a lot of competition, lol) I believetThis group as a unit can get it done in the playoffs...and again, OBJ is a sleeper for the postseason if you ask me.

1 hour ago, MN Transplant said:

Amazingly, this team was better than the 13-4 team last year.  They were poised to make a run with a soft schedule coming up, JJ coming back, and Kirk playing the best of his career.  And now, do they panic and bring in someone else, or just accept the tank and let Hall go out there?  So deflating.

Too much current talent to tank IMHO they should build up around it...they're close I think. Unless you can get several first and second rounders next year I say keep building piece by piece 

Saw lightning 3 times tonight. North winds continue along with light to occasional moderate rain. We have gotten another inch of rain tonight. Winds are running in the 20s with gusts to 42mph. Wind chills are in the mid 20s. We have gotten 5.7 inches of rain in the past week. Yard is a muddy quagmire. It is 39 degrees.

First official low in the 30s! Already! It got down to 39.

First official high in the 40s! Already! High today was a frigid 45!

And our normals are 76/56!

The winter of 2023-24 in south central Texas is gettin' off to a frigid start!

We are probably going to have to contend with potentially a lot of ice, sleet and possibly snow accumulations down here in the deep southwest this winter! There is definitely going to be a ton of rain as the subtropical jet goes into full-on Beast Mode! We got nearly 6 INCHES of rain just in the past 7 days! Thats 34.50 inches on the year and normal is 30 inches of rain in one year!

The grass and weeds are already way out of control and the back yard is a massive quagmire!

• Like 1

Larry Cosgrove mentioned that the upper air setup for this fall/winter has more than just a passing resemblance to 2009-2010.

I remember all too well what happened in Northern Virginia in 2009-2010.

Dale City had a ton of snow from multiple blizzards and I got to personally witness what 30 plus inches of snow looked like in Charles Town, West Virginia!

Its high time to stock up on whatever it is you use to stay awake for days on end. You are gonna be on those models a hell of a LOT! This sub is gonna be buzzin! I can hardly wait! Mid Atlantic is going to get obliterated by torrential snows!

George BM you are two days away from Nov 1! I'd like you to write up a storm sequence that smashed up the Mid Atlantic that makes The Day After Tomorrow look like a spring afternoon in Central Park!

Lookin' forward to it!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, nw baltimore wx said:

As an old Senators fan, I am sorry to hear of the passing of Frank Howard. I remember heading to the All-Star game at RFK in July, 1969, only to turn around when the game was postponed due to rain. The game was played the following day and Frank hit a dinger. 

I remember him contesting for most HRs on the season, but didn't manage to do it, IIRC.

Somewhere around here I still have a ball with his autograph.  RIP

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic