• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Autumn 2023

1 hour ago, paweather said:

Looks like my Halloween snow is a goner with the long range now time to change to Thanksgiving snow! :mapsnow:

There was this in relation to the question this AM about some close to freezing temps next week.   I think the GFS and its little brother ensembles took a step in the right direction to avoid a blow torch end of Oct...it was starting to look quite ugly the last few days.  

image.thumb.png.4cbc19f224e89fbaa594ab59f6662bab.png

• Like 1

There was this in relation to the question this AM about some close to freezing temps next week.   I think the GFS and its little brother ensembles took a step in the right direction to avoid a blow torch end of Oct...it was starting to look quite ugly the last few days.  
image.thumb.png.4cbc19f224e89fbaa594ab59f6662bab.png

Those temps can suck me. I'm becoming a warminista until fuel oil is cheaper than my left nut.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

Just now, mahantango#1 said:

was down to 38.7 here, but warmed up to 45 this morning.

That frost/light freeze is still on some MR models for next Tue.    CMC has a real freeze which would end growing season.  GFS is a frost and EC is neither.    Still too far away to pinpoint temps on op's but something to watch. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

That frost/light freeze is still on some MR models for next Tue.    CMC has a real freeze which would end growing season.  GFS is a frost and EC is neither.    Still too far away to pinpoint temps on op's but something to watch. 

Blizz would be happy to see a freeze. That would start his season of never ending snow maps, while us warminstas shiver from the thought of cold!

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, mahantango#1 said:

Blizz would be happy to see a freeze. That would start his season of never ending snow maps, while us warminstas shiver from the thought of cold!

That same GFS has 4 days in the 70's (starting with this Friday) and 1 day in the 80's on the latest run so not all hope is lost yet.  LOL.   Not a forecast just a model disco. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

That same GFS has 4 days in the 70's (starting with this Friday) and 1 day in the 80's on the latest run so not all hope is lost yet.  LOL.   Not a forecast just a model disco. 

It has to warm up some before too long for the ladybug invasion. So as soon as you step outside you already have one or more on you, and then walk back inside with them on you. The tile and carpet guys are less then .50 rainfall this weekend.

• Like 1

The next 2 days look like perfect autumn days. Today will be just about normal high temps in the low 60's with tomorrow in the above normal upper 60's. Rain chances increase on Friday with the steadiest rain moving in by late evening. Much colder weather moves in by Sunday with temps on Monday likely to struggle to escape the 40's for the higher spots of the county.
Records for today: High 89 (1908) / Low 22 (1974) / Rain 1.98" (1911)
image.png.f3b12b5e1b71d8fde8ff03f78a27e623.png

Looking ahead - a real nice run of days. A tiny bit of rain early Saturday am but then nice all day. Sunday will be windy - into the 30s and maybe 40. 

CTP then says this:

All medium range guidance supports fair and chilly weather early next week, as Canadian high pressure builds southeast into PA. This looks like the coldest airmass so far this season with the first real threat for sub-freezing temps and widespread frost. The coldest morning should be Tuesday, as the surface high settles over the state.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, canderson said:

Looking ahead - a real nice run of days. A tiny bit of rain early Saturday am but then nice all day. Sunday will be windy - into the 30s and maybe 40. 

CTP then says this:

All medium range guidance supports fair and chilly weather early next week, as Canadian high pressure builds southeast into PA. This looks like the coldest airmass so far this season with the first real threat for sub-freezing temps and widespread frost. The coldest morning should be Tuesday, as the surface high settles over the state.

Get ready for a potted plant warning in the LSV.   

14 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

If so, they're going to be WAY higher than I am. Temps here stopped rising as soon as I reached 60.

I adjusted my post right after posting (hours ago) to say I meant this week as in tomorrow and/or Friday.  It was not clear what I meant, sorry.  When I said first, I meant the first number in a 2 digit temp.  I made it more clear.    CXY has checked in at 64 today so quite a bit higher.   THV and LNS at 63,  MDT 61.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

I adjusted my post right after posting (hours ago) to say I meant this week as in tomorrow and/or Friday.  It was not clear what I meant, sorry.  When I said first, I meant the first number in a 2 digit temp.  I made it more clear.    CXY has checked in at 64 today so quite a bit higher.   THV and LNS at 63,  MDT 61.

I see that now. No need to apologize! I'm surprised at how today has transpired. It is up to 61 now. 

16 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I see that now. No need to apologize! I'm surprised at how today has transpired. It is up to 61 now. 

I do think MU's call was decent.   NWS Zones were a little low IMO.   Most of Lanco, Chester, and Eastern York and Dauphin are sporting 63-66 right now.     Maybe your closeness to the water is part of your lower temp, not sure. 

24 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I do think MU's call was decent.   NWS Zones were a little low IMO.   Most of Lanco, Chester, and Eastern York and Dauphin are sporting 63-66 right now.     Maybe your closeness to the water is part of your lower temp, not sure. 

Yeah, I'm not sure either - MU isn't close to the river and they're at 61 as well.