• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Autumn 2023

Happy Red October to those who celebrate - Go Phillies! Most of this week will feature nice autumnal weather. We should see temps for most spots in the county remaining in the upper 50's both today and tomorrow. Thursday looks like the best day of the week, with above normal temps in the mid to upper 60's. Rain returns on Friday with cooler temps for the weekend.
Records for today: High 94 (1897) - latest 90 degree day on record / Low 27 (1939) / Rain 1.66 (2019)
image.png.86244aedcdeb84beb5efe0f56847d263.png

11 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

I was too as I was suprised how warm it got here.  Very nice day.   LNS made it as well.

10 hours ago, canderson said:

Had mostly sun all day - it def warmed up. Wind was calm too which wasn’t forecast. 

Interesting...it was a relatively cloudy, windy and cool day here. There were periods of sun but certainly nothing close to mostly sunny. And given the NW flow I'm even more surprised that Harrisburg had more sun upstream than I did. 

That's why we love the weather!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Interesting...it was a relatively cloudy, windy and cool day here. There were periods of sun but certainly nothing close to mostly sunny. And given the NW flow I'm even more surprised that Harrisburg had more sun upstream than I did. 

That's why we love the weather!

The HRRR has MDT and CXY around 43-44 right now....actual temps are 48-49 at both places.  

Low of 42 here.  Daddy daycare was a success yesterday.  Lots of football watching and beer drinking and pot roast eating and baby crying.  But we got it done, and with no new injuries to boot.  Isn't that always the standard for fathers  
This is bullshit. You should have had to watch Trash Truck like the rest of us.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Love our defense, unsure about the offense.  Receiving core is a problem.  I think that line will come down throughout the week.

I'm also not convinced that we can run the football effectively against just about anyone right now. The O-line has been underwhelming, honestly. Defense gives us a chance to win every game. 

We cannot turn it over and we'll need to win the special teams battle. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I'm also not convinced that we can run the football effectively against just about anyone right now. The O-line has been underwhelming, honestly. Defense gives us a chance to win every game. 

We cannot turn it over and we'll need to win the special teams battle. 

Who do you think Michigan is hoping to get the win? 

28 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Who do you think Michigan is hoping to get the win? 

1 minute ago, Atomixwx said:

OSU. They want to spoil their playoff hopes. They don't give two shits about Penn State.

What he said - Michigan wants nothing more than to knock off an unbeaten OSU team. 

And for that matter, Ohio State doesn't give two shits about Penn State, either, aside from just pushing them aside like a little brother. Similar to how Penn State treats Pittsburgh.

It would be financial suicide but when the new scheduling format came out and only one of 18 members failed to secure a protected rivalry, and that was Penn State, it became apparent that this institution has zero rivals in the Big Ten.

Rutgers hates Penn State because New Jersey's best football players go to Penn State. Completely one-sided.

Maryland hates Penn State because the best football players in Maryland, DC, and Virginia go to Penn State. Completely one-sided.

Penn State never replaced Pittsburgh, but Pittsburgh doesn't have their own stadium and can't fill the apartment they rent. But they're still the closest thing Penn State has to a real, tangible rival.

They'd almost be better off joining the ACC.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

And for that matter, Ohio State doesn't give two shits about Penn State, either, aside from just pushing them aside like a little brother. Similar to how Penn State treats Pittsburgh.

It would be financial suicide but when the new scheduling format came out and only one of 18 members failed to secure a protected rivalry, and that was Penn State, it became apparent that this institution has zero rivals in the Big Ten.

Rutgers hates Penn State because New Jersey's best football players go to Penn State. Completely one-sided.

Maryland hates Penn State because the best football players in Maryland, DC, and Virginia go to Penn State. Completely one-sided.

Penn State never replaced Pittsburgh, but Pittsburgh doesn't have their own stadium and can't fill the apartment they rent. But they're still the closest thing Penn State has to a real, tangible rival.

They'd almost be better off joining the ACC.

Every word of this, even though it's mostly opinion, is spot on. PSU's "slogan" of Unrivaled is...fitting.