• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Summer 2023

2 ski resorts are still open in the USA - Timberline in Oregon and Mammoth. Mammoth's base is now down to 24 - 90" and will likely close on the final weekend in July, a week short of their latest closing. It's been very warm recently with temps on the mountain reaching the 80s. They needed a cool to average early summer to get the record but instead had record high temps.

Hard to imagine 7' of snow after a few weeks of temps in the 80s.

• Like 3

Yesterday many spots across Chester County saw their 2nd 90+ day of the year...some higher spots like here in East Nantmeal failed yet again to touch 90 but it was our 2nd warmest day of the year near 88 degrees. Another warm one today with similar temps to yesterday. Shower chances will be on the increase by later tomorrow through Monday morning. Some models have 2" to 3" of rain over parts of the area by Monday PM.
Records for today: High 100 (1900) / Low 48 (1980) / Rain 2.36" (1958)
image.png.0a8106ab3b1a7d963c915a3115f36552.png

Good morning my fine friends of American Weather.  If it please the members, I'm going to take a moment to briefly toot my own horn.  10 days ago, I predicted June would end with an average temp of 70.3 at MDT, and well, June ended with an average temp of 70.3.  Yes, I know there were only five days left in the month at that point but it still takes some gusto to nail the daily averages to that degree, and yes, a good bit of luck is required as well ha.  But congrats to me!  And thank you all for indulging in my numbers-based hubris :D

National high/low of 116 at Stovepipe Wells, CA and 29 near Big Piney, WY.  Carry on.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Good morning my fine friends of American Weather.  If it please the members, I'm going to take a moment to briefly toot my own horn.  10 days ago, I predicted June would end with an average temp of 70.3 at MDT, and well, June ended with an average temp of 70.3.  Yes, I know there were only five days left in the month at that point but it still takes some gusto to nail the daily averages to that degree, and yes, a good bit of luck is required as well ha.  But congrats to me!  And thank you all for indulging in my numbers-based hubris :D

National high/low of 116 at Stovepipe Wells, CA and 29 near Big Piney, WY.  Carry on.

Quick, what are the Powerball numbers?

• Haha 2

Haha, if only.  I don't play lottery, of any type.  What can I say, my stats brain just won't let me ha.
It's not like the government takes too kindly when you spot an error and take advantage of their Idiocracy. See Massachusetts lottery

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mahantango#1 said:

I'd be concerned at this point.

Yes perhaps. 

Now, this morning, the big story is the dangerous heatwave coming next week. 120 is a real possibility, and we even have a small chance of breaking the all time record of 122.

20 minutes ago, Voyager said:

Yes perhaps. 

Now, this morning, the big story is the dangerous heatwave coming next week. 120 is a real possibility, and we even have a small chance of breaking the all time record of 122.

Are neighbors throwing rocks at you and begging you to move back to PA? :)

• Haha 1