Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Summer 2023

4 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Really only one area east of the Susquehanna that lost yesterday:

Oh wait...that's where Maytown is. 

That map is way wrong. Mine was not the only station in Eastern Schuylkill at 4+ inches yeaterday, yet they only show 1.50 to 1.75.

13 minutes ago, Voyager said:

That map is way wrong. Mine was not the only station in Eastern Schuylkill at 4+ inches yeaterday, yet they only show 1.50 to 1.75.

Had anything fallen up there prior to 11am? I'm only asking as I noticed it was a 12 hour map. 

Regardless, I'm glad you responded and made that correction. My pathetic total gets worse by the minute. :)  

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Had anything fallen up there prior to 11am? I'm only asking as I noticed it was a 12 hour map. 

Regardless, I'm glad you responded and made that correction. My pathetic total gets worse by the minute. :)  

Didn’t catch what your total was but York course close to Dover only managed 0.15” while places 15 miles away had 1.50” +

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Coop_Mason said:

Didn’t catch what your total was but York course close to Dover only managed 0.15” while places 15 miles away had 1.50” +

I ended up with 0.34". My "issue" was that pretty much everyone east of the river was expected would do well. And most even exceeded projections. Shoot, there were areas less than 10 miles from me that were closing in on or surpassed 2". 

I drove home from work yesterday in a deluge - it was the kind of rain where you start wondering "can it rain any harder than this?" Traffic was moving about 15mph on a 45mph road. It's 12 miles from work to home...I got within 3 miles of home and drove out of the wall of water and right into sun. When I got home, everything was dry. This was at 4:30, my wife said it hadn't rained since morning. She couldn't believe what I told her that I drove home through. 

1 hour ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I'm sorry...lol

As for before 11am, no. It started right around 1pm per the graph for the day. The full onslaught started around 4pm, though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

I am guessing you did not get your .5" wish.   We had a last burst here to pad totals up to .35 otherwise we were looking at only 1/4".  

Course had .43 and .36 at house.  Hoping for more tomorrow 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, canderson said:

Guess who will be in Austin next week? The summer furnace arrives early and with a blast 

Sucks to be you...

...on the other hand, this is what we have to look forward to:

Another mean trough, or dip in the #JETSTREAM, will set up shop over the eastern U.S. through the middle of next week. As such, 90-degree heat will be non-existent, and temps should average 3-6 degrees below normal over the next 7 days. We’ll get a few rounds of showers, too.
  • Like 2

Sucks to be you...
MU Weather Center   @MUweather   Another mean trough, or dip in the #JETSTREAM, will set up shop over the eastern U.S. through the middle of next week. As such, 90-degree heat will be non-existent, and temps should average 3-6 degrees below normal over the next 7 days. We’ll get a few rounds of showers, too.
We need a 5" rain week like down in Georgia where it's widespread and some get double.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Sucks to be you...

Another mean trough, or dip in the #JETSTREAM, will set up shop over the eastern U.S. through the middle of next week. As such, 90-degree heat will be non-existent, and temps should average 3-6 degrees below normal over the next 7 days. We’ll get a few rounds of showers, too.

We might postpone. Partially weather but morels state budget work ugh

• Like 1