• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
E PA/NJ/DE Summer 2023 OBS Thread

JTA66

Yesterday was our 9th day of the first 10 days of August to feature below normal daily temperatures. In fact 21 of the last 25 days have been below normal. It looks like a great day today with near normal temps. We should finally see some slightly above normal temps both days of the weekend before we return to near normal August temperatures for the balance of the work week. Next shower chances look to be Monday night.
Records for today: High 101.5 (1900) / 48 (1974) / Rain 1.14" (1982)
image.png.fa6ab6a84df3ca01b8c0c99da70e0288.png

On 8/11/2023 at 7:05 AM, Mikeymac5306 said:

Long range does look like we dry out for quite a while. 

Chance of storms today then again Mon into Tues, we are in a nice pattern rain wise. Grass growing and green as hell for August when it's usually dormant and brown/crispy. Hopefully winter gives us precip every couple days...

78F/Damn DP 69F/Overcast

We have still only recorded one above average temperature day so far here in August. Through the 1st 11 days this is the 40th chilliest start to August in 130 years of records back to 1894. The next 2 days should see slightly above normal temps before we fall back to near normal for much of the upcoming week. There is a chance of a T-storm or 2 later today and tonight with a better chance by Monday night.
Records for today: High 101 (1900) / Low 45 (1930) / Rain 5.22" (1955)
image.png.af0f67abfdd1cab4d1eb843e9118c3f6.png

Got up to 85 as a high yesterday and had a 66 low this morning and it wasn't too bad out.  But then I guess the warm front went into motion and ugh.

2 hours ago, KamuSnow said:

Only game in town at the moment, getting thunder now. Didn't expect this! 82F currently, might be humid this afternoon, lol.

20230812_114407.thumb.jpg.ecbe8ba6dd03cc286b80a5dd51c9b929.jpg

48 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

Trimmed earlier. Fairly certain some of us will get showers/a boomer.  Thing is, we really don't need it if failure occurs. No drought, grass is green and growing.

Some popups forming to the W.  84F/DP 71F/Sunny

now44.jpg

31 minutes ago, BBasile said:

Good looking storm with a shelf cloud that keeps getting better and better.  I can hear lots of thunder in the distance.  Hoping to cash in on something.  

IMG_20230812_131915_(3000_x_1859_pixel).jpg

I was up in Cheltenham on Cheltenham Ave just before noon when I saw a similar shelf cloud to my south.  I was like, awwwwww sh****t. :lol:   Got to my pharmacy and it unleashed as I was about to get out the car so I waited a bit (I did have an umbrella), then it was done.  Then went to the supermarket and while inside I looked out the big pane glass windows and more unleashing.  Got home and saw I picked up 0.10" from what appeared to be a couple cells.

In any case, that rain took the slop level up to max.  It's currently partly sunny and 82 with dp 75.

• Like 1

This storm just went severe right over me, but I've got nothing even close to severe.  

"* At 151 PM EDT, a severe thunderstorm was located over Turnersville,

or 12 miles south of Gloucester City, moving east at 15 mph.

HAZARD, 60 mph wind gusts and quarter size hail.

SOURCE, Radar indicated."

Screenshot_20230812_135651_RadarScope.jpg

12 minutes ago, BBasile said:

Picked up 0.38" of rain and a 23 MPH gust.  Nothing severe or even strong.  Temp dropped from 87F to 70, so that's nice!

You lucked out.  Those storms generated an outflow boundary that came barreling over me from SE to NW but it didn't really drop my temps much.  My temp is back up to what is currently my high of 85 with dp now 76.

• Like 1

Looks like we could get a cell or two over us pretty soon.

91°F/70DP. AND my @#$!@# A/C is out again. I'm about to lose my shit over this. I'd set up today to be a bread baking and tomato sauce making day. Can't do that without A/C. Mother trucker. MY rye dough is already doing its first rise on the counter. I can barely type right now I'm so seething. Sorry.

• Weenie 1

4 minutes ago, JTA66 said:

Yeah, I think we’re gonna get the seven-ten split here. But clouds have moved in and kept me from seeing a 90F today, so there’s that.

That southern blob looks like it's headed for the ballpark.  I think the game starts at 6:05 so it might hit there before game time.  RedSky might be getting fringed by the northern blob.

39 minutes ago, CoolHandMike said:

Southwest edge of that storm near West Chester looks pretty mean. 

Yeah it's warned here. Been out back cutting up branches from Monday's storm, the thunder has been impressive. Now it looks like it's doing a bit of a fade. Raining now which is cooling things off. High here was 85F.

3 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

Damn, this just blossomed to my N and you can hear the thunder...I'm sure JTA can. Gonna miss me though...

nw.jpg

Getting a sun shower from it, but mainly passing to my north.

Dropped my temp down to 82F but the DP is still a craptastic 75F.