• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/DE Summer 2023 OBS Thread

JTA66

In East Nantmeal we have picked up 1.06" of rain since yesterday with 0.61" falling so far today. It looks like some areas in eastern parts of Chester County have already picked up nearly 3" of rain. More storms are possible through early PM before lesser chances later today. Tomorrow looks to be pretty hot with temps reaching the upper 80's before somewhat cooler for the rest of the week.
Records for today: High Temp 100 (1988) Low 46 (1929) / Rain 2.02" (1912)image.png.f7fb5fef65260ec044831fd5a029b907.png

Back in the late spring when everyone’s lawn was turning brown, Paul Pastelok at AccuWx said the NE would turn wet as we headed deeper into summer. I had my doubts but maybe he was on to something.

Believe it or not but one of my neighbors is out there mowing.

77F/DP 75F

7 minutes ago, CoolHandMike said:

After off and on clouds today, it turned sunny and our temp is steadily increasing. At 6pm. WTF. Impossible to do anything outside without turning into a swamp monster. Or even in my garage. Can we get that countdown to fall posted again please?

o5AAPvm.png

We’re half way through met summer, hang in there!

20 minutes ago, CoolHandMike said:

After off and on clouds today, it turned sunny and our temp is steadily increasing. At 6pm. WTF. Impossible to do anything outside without turning into a swamp monster. Or even in my garage. Can we get that countdown to fall posted again please?

o5AAPvm.png

Under 70 days. Under 50 is when we're "starting" to see the end.

May have the greenest grass I've had in a while entering Aug this year.

Showers storms Tues?

Where's drought guy?

78F/DP 75F

cd.jpg

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

Under 70 days. Under 50 is when we're "starting" to see the end.

May have the greenest grass I've had in a while entering Aug this year.

Showers storms Tues?

Where's drought guy?

78F/DP 75F

cd.jpg

Not sure but I think he's algae bloom guy when it's rainforest weather

3 hours ago, RedSky said:

Not sure but I think he's algae bloom guy when it's rainforest weather

I'm Fungus guy (lawn fungus, that is), which might be worse. If there's any standing water around here I can be Mosquito guy.

I've been thinking 87 to 93 and humid until early September, in other words the same thing we've been having. Hope not, but most years that's what we do in July and August anyway.

I was doing some cleanup around the kettle fire area this afternoon, and the idea of October weather was very  appealing!

Eta, wound up with 0.57" total rainfall for the weekend, most of it overnight and this morning.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, KamuSnow said:

I'm Fungus guy (lawn fungus, that is), which might be worse. If there's any standing water around here I can be Mosquito guy.

I've been thinking 87 to 93 and humid until early September, in other words the same thing we've been having. Hope not, but most years that's what we do in July and August anyway.

I was doing some cleanup around the kettle fire area this afternoon, and the idea of October weather was very  appealing!

Eta, wound up with 0.57" total rainfall for the weekend, most of it overnight and this morning.

Never a thunderstorm guy here raising my hand high

I think your right we stay locked into very warm and humid into September

We received a total of 1.23" of rain over the weekend in East Nantmeal. A bit hazy again today thanks to our friends to the north. Temperatures will top out in the upper 80's for most of the county but humidity levels will be lower than yesterday. Rain chances increase again by later tomorrow and again on Thursday and Friday.
Records for today: High 100.5 (1900) / Low 46 (1976) / Rain 1.81" (2018)
image.png.ac9d871c91d2663d039ef1a831501e14.png

12 hours ago, RedSky said:

Never a thunderstorm guy here raising my hand high

I think your right we stay locked into very warm and humid into September

It/they are the only redeeming quality about Summer. Tornadoes/Tropical storms/Hurricanes are a big plus as well. Hell, I get a little excited about wildfire smoke also...

Other than that, Summer really sucks...

82F/DP 71F

2 hours ago, Birds~69 said:

New MET on NBC10 mentioned some smoke today from out West...can't remember who? Pretty sure it was one of these...I was tired and wasn't really paying attention.

87F/DP 69F

Omg time for the weather who hid the damn remote!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1