• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March Medium/Long Range Thread: The Empire Strikes Back

stormtracker

here’s the main thing IMO… look at the trend to have less and less interaction between the ULL in the Pacific and our S/W of interest, as well as the stronger blocking

this lack of interaction (now even a ridge on the 00z run today!) allows for the S/W to escape E rather than get sucked W. this is a huge development towards the more favorable foreign models

A516382C-64F2-443C-A153-9586AB4FBA19.thumb.gif.1a6882786cb1e47226834d6d8df10c00.gif

• Like 5

48 minutes ago, cbmclean said:

All I need to know is: is @psuhoffman still in?

And by the way as a SE weenie, I am living vicariously through you guys.  Bring this SSW March Miracle to fruition.  I will be enjoying my cold rain, as a sacrificial lamb.

In the chance this pattern could salvage something here…yes. On any specific threat yet no. Often with these powder keg patterns it’s not the threat we track at super long range that ends up “the one”. But I thing we have a decent chance of some snow from this. 

• Like 9

31 minutes ago, Heisy said:

Now that will work, it’s anmiller B like I mentioned today but releases the perfect amount of energy East which then gets stuck under the block

Miller Bs during blocking gave a better chance of working in March. The shorter wavelengths make blocking more effective and allow those things to slow down and dig more. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

point goes to prove with the fantasy storm on the CMC with a pattern ripped off of a textbook is that the pattern is extremely loaded, and now more encouraging that the GEFS finally caved fully to the EPS/GEPS.

gonna be fun tracking the potential threats, and i think we have a decent shot of getting hit by one of them

Miller Bs during blocking gave a better chance of working in March. The shorter wavelengths make blocking more effective and allow those things to slow down and dig more. 
So we get a 1960 and 1993 tonight lol

Sent from my SM-A515U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, brooklynwx99 said:

MUCH more amped S/W diving into the Rockies on this run. there has been a total cave by the GEFS today. it’s not really a question at this point IMO. something will pop on many members this run

1346C216-6587-4041-8251-097C2FBE2C0B.thumb.gif.8826e8c1862d2712b27f3e0e1953b09d.gif

I had no doubts eventually legit threats would come from this…I just didn’t feel like arguing about it. I let you do the dirty work. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

meteorological intuition won out. thank God lmao I was honestly getting a bit worried for a little while 
We haven't won anything yet...maybe we won tonight but long way to go

Sent from my SM-A515U using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic