Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/DE Winter 2022-2023 OBS Thread

Ralph Wiggum

5 minutes ago, ChescoWx said:

Yep NAM sniffing out our biggest event of the year.....bring it on!! 0.7" to 2.1" across the area - everybody wins!!

image.thumb.png.2a9b87f8f5a534c75f7910a3c87198c0.png

In my outlook I said we would have 1 MECS of 10"+ this year....maybe we will, maybe we won't. But I guarantee you I will treat this event as if it will be the last flakes I ever see.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ChescoWx said:

Yep NAM sniffing out our biggest event of the year.....bring it on!! 0.7" to 2.1" across the area - everybody wins!!

image.thumb.png.2a9b87f8f5a534c75f7910a3c87198c0.png

Yep, this should be great for elevations above 1,000 feet... Oh Dam Media Delaware County is only at 350 feet.  I will start building a tower up into the sky or ask Puss in Boots to steal a few magic beans from Jack and Jill!

1 hour ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

SE PA and parts of NJ just got NAM'd for Sunday night.

11 minutes ago, Kevin Reilly said:

Yep, this should be great for elevations above 1,000 feet... Oh Dam Media Delaware County is only at 350 feet.  I will start building a tower up into the sky or ask Puss in Boots to steal a few magic beans from Jack and Jill!

My towering elevation will save the day....0.1" more for me!!!

Jeez, Have to bring out my broom or leaf blower on this heavy hitter on Sunday night.  This event will be all melted and gone before sunset on Monday afternoon and we return back into our dull weather pattern for the rest of the week. The only good thing next week - sunny skies for three days in a row, something we sure did NOT see the last few weeks. 

1 hour ago, DE2PA said:

Can I hang out here for a while? The current state of the Mid Atlantic forum makes me want to take a bath with a hair dryer.

not much better here. At least here, the hair dryer cord will not be plugged in.  If you were looking for a ray of sunshine, you might as well go to Texas. We have seen so many cloudy days in the LV the past month,  Allentown is now known as Seattle 2.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Albedoman said:

not much better here. At least here, the hair dryer cord will not be plugged in.  If you were looking for a ray of sunshine, you might as well go to Texas. We have seen so many cloudy days in the LV the past month,  Allentown is now known as Seattle 2.

Oh yeah, this is prime “I may just end it all” weather.

We are now into a stretch of near to slightly above normal temps for at least the next week. HIgh temps should average in the low to mid-40's - normal high temps are in the upper 30's and lows in the low to mid-20's. There still is a chance for some spots to pick up some measurable wet snow tomorrow night into Monday morning. Relative elevation will play a role in who sees any actual accumulation on non-paved surfaces. Most models are painting from 0.5" to at most 2.0" across the county. Incredibly for some this may be the largest snowfall so far this winter season. Here in East Nantmeal the most snow from one event has been the 0.5" on 12/23.
The record high for today is 70 degrees from 1907. The record low was set just 9 years ago with a 1.6 degree below zero reading. The record precipitation record is the 2.12" of water equivalent in 1996. That is also the record snow for today with the 22.8" that fell during day one of our 5th largest all-time snowstorm here in Chester County. When the storm ended on the 8th we had a 28.9" storm total.
image.png.7380ec1e94fbcb88ac836cd73659c01b.png
  • Like 1

Most of the most recent model runs continue to show our "biggest" snowfall of the season so far from tomorrow night into Monday morning. They appear to be showing the "most" snow of up to 1.5" in the higher spots over 600 ft across Chester, Berks, Montgomery and Bucks counties. The GFS is the outlier with the "jackpot" for our southern friends.

image.thumb.png.47ddefe0c76e7dcc8c85046080a78000.pngimage.thumb.png.9bd9d018ad1a89bf057230c19d47131b.pngimage.thumb.png.73774f9f8e57191ad658f2ef7d973d98.pngimage.thumb.png.6477f4e16b79f760bcfd75cf0fd4816f.png

37 minutes ago, ChescoWx said:

Do you still live in Chesco? If so this is your forum.

Welcome!!

Paul

Yeah I do. Followed the Mid Atlantic forum for a long time before joining. So I naturally went there.

thanks!

• Like 1