• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/DE Fall 2022 OBS Thread

Rtd208

One last mild day but with temps likely falling this afternoon following this morning's cold frontal passage. The next couple of days following today will see a return to normal temps....but this will feel chilly compared to the last 3 days of 70 degree plus temps. Tuesday and Wednesday will see highs in the mid 50's with lows in the 30's. Friday into Saturday looks like a soaking rain with some tropical storm Nicole influence. Following that it looks like the coldest weather of the fall will set in starting next Saturday night.
The record high for today is 75 degrees set in 1938. Our record low is 19 degrees set in 1960. The daily rainfall record is the 1.38" that fell today in 1932.
image.png.3d85d0b90a4b559d743e4785ef8c2813.png

House temp is at 76.  Outside 66.  Opened a few windows for a bit.  Broke a sweat!  Moon looks great.  I’ll probably miss the eclipse.  What a nice stretch of weather with baseball!   Nice while it lasted.   Headed to FL for Thanksgiving hoping I don’t have to deal with weather- Fort Lauderdale.  Late storm with no big surprises in store for them this week.  Had a colorful fall this year.  

10 minutes ago, Lady Di said:

House temp is at 76.  Outside 66.  Opened a few windows for a bit.  Broke a sweat!  Moon looks great.  I’ll probably miss the eclipse.  What a nice stretch of weather with baseball!   Nice while it lasted.   Headed to FL for Thanksgiving hoping I don’t have to deal with weather- Fort Lauderdale.  Late storm with no big surprises in store for them this week.  Had a colorful fall this year.  

Just popped out back to take a look at the moon and actually heard a lone cricket out there chirping. :lol:

The winds have dropped off noticeably so looks like I might get some decent radiational cooling. 

Currently a moonlit 68 with dp 46.

1 hour ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

Just popped out back to take a look at the moon and actually heard a lone cricket out there chirping. :lol:

The winds have dropped off noticeably so looks like I might get some decent radiational cooling. 

Currently a moonlit 68 with dp 46.

Last couple nights had lots of crickets and bugs making noise I couldn't believe my ears.

Happy Election Day!! Make sure you get out to vote!!
Much cooler today and tomorrow with temps running just a bit below average. Many spots will see freezing temps overnight tonight. Milder but with heavy rain Friday into early Saturday and then the coldest air of the season arrives by Saturday night.
The record high for today is 76 degrees in 1975. The record low is 17 degrees set in 1976. Our daily rainfall record is 2.53" from 1996. The daily snowfall record is 0.8" set in 1927.
image.png.ed3e43ab43fefdb07e63942847ca8710.png

13 hours ago, RedSky said:

Last couple nights had lots of crickets and bugs making noise I couldn't believe my ears.

My 44 low this morning meant they got to sleep in... possibly for good! :lol:

3 hours ago, Birds~69 said:

^Full lunar eclipse at 5:19am, definitely reddish moon (blood) w/clear skies and bright stars...

43F   

I was in and out watching it from about 4:40 am until it disappeared behind a nearby house just before 6 am. Pic was taken just before 5:30 am.  The Orion constellation in the general vicinity, was prominent!

It's currently mostly sunny and 49, with dp down to 34, and some wispy cirrus overhead.  Am keeping an eye on Nicole as we seem to be in the cone for rain.

14370FD6-8767-4522-B248-B263635231E5.jpeg

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

I think that's the area of interest I jokingly posted a digital snow map for last week. Albedoman says this is the one!

Been four years since the last November accumulating snow in the region odds have it, everybody pile on the snow wagon.

Are you still in Florida and in the future path of the spinning vortex Nicole?

9 hours ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Kinda liking the loaded pattern at the end of the CMC run. Storm coming out of Plains merging with system in W GOM. Thinking the system around the 16th (Albedoman's LV measurable snowstorm) sets the stage for the followup after the 18th with cold antecedent airmass potentially in place. Cloud talk at this point.

Agree, what I have been eluding to all along Ralph. One storm sets up the other. I maybe wrong on the 16th but we may eventually get some on the 18th. Its depending on how much cold is sucked down our way. Lets hope the GFS and CMC models stay on track. What convinced me was the Euro runs a few days ago showed a solid hit in this time period and the Euro is somewhat accurate  sniffing out the potential snow events 6-10 days out.   The 16th-18th fell in that time frame. 

• Weenie 1

A nice couple of normal November days on tap with temps a little below normal today rising to a little above normal tomorrow. Rain moves in on Friday with the remnants of the tropical storm with rain ending by Saturday AM. We could see between a 0.50" to 1.00" of rain.
Below normal chill then sets in by Saturday night and should last for much of the next 10 days as we head toward Thanksgiving.
The record high for today is 78 degrees from 1975. The record low is 19 degrees from 1976. Our daily rainfall record is 2.04" set back in 1962.
image.png.73a5678495818a89428fd7e1e73cbcb4.png

7 hours ago, Albedoman said:

Agree, what I have been eluding to all along Ralph. One storm sets up the other. I maybe wrong on the 16th but we may eventually get some on the 18th. Its depending on how much cold is sucked down our way. Lets hope the GFS and CMC models stay on track. What convinced me was the Euro runs a few days ago showed a solid hit in this time period and the Euro is somewhat accurate  sniffing out the potential snow events 6-10 days out.   The 16th-18th fell in that time frame. 

Thinking any accumulating snow stays pretty far NW of the area through November....but am liking the look of mid-December for our first measurable. That said I do think many N and W of the fall line see some flakes in the air before the end of this month.

• Like 1