• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
July 2022 Observations

yotaman

My last 3 days (7/14-16) of rainfall: 0.03", none, none but heavy nighttime thunderstorms along and offshore the immediate coast moving northerly very early AM produced lots of rumbling thunder and frequent lightning in the eastern sky for several hours

10.73" is my total 7/1-16, one of the heaviest ever for the first half of July and ~triple the normal! Normal for the ENTIRE month is ~7". I'm at 17.73" since June 1st.

After getting no measurable rainfall the last 4 days (7/14-17), I just received a decent rain from a thunderstorm over the last hour or so.  Before today's rain, I was already at a way wetter than normal 10.73" MTD.

Edit: I got 1/2" today, which gets me to 11.23" MTD.

I got another storm today, this one at mid afternoon along with some followup steady light rain. It was about three hours worth. Todays amount was a modest 0.18". But even that amount matches the amount from one irrigation and it all soaked in. So, it is all appreciated. I'm now up to 11.41" mtd.

Had a high of 93 today. Had a good sized storm just miss us this afternoon but we were close enough to get the outflow from it. Dropped the temp from 91 to 76 and it stayed there the rest of the afternoon. I was able to get out and cut the grass in somewhat comfortable conditions for mid July.

10 hours ago, NorthHillsWx said:

We’re in the middle of about my least favorite weather pattern imaginable. Hot, humid, almost no storm chances, no relief on horizon. Get ready, the next week + is going to hurt

This entire summer sucks. #ClimateChanged

• Like 1

We're about to get slammed by a band of heavy thunderstorms here at around 2:45 PM. The hits just keep coming! I ended up with 0.36", bringing me to 11.98" for the month so far. Entire month normal is near 7".

10 minutes ago, jburns said:

Had a nice storm about 2 hours ago that gave me just over one inch of rain. But now I pay the price UGH!!  The sun is out 87.6º temp with an 80.7º dew point.

Only problem with mid afternoon storms. I love when they push through at 6 vs 4 like now.

13 minutes ago, eyewall said:

Looked like quite a core came over you.

We had a heck of a close lightning strike and some of the heaviest rain this summer for a brief time. A few small hail stones as well. Almost no wind which was surprising. Still raining. Temp has fallen to 76

4 minutes ago, NorthHillsWx said:

Only problem with mid afternoon storms. I love when they push through at 6 vs 4 like now.

We had a heck of a close lightning strike and some of the heaviest rain this summer for a brief time. A few small hail stones as well. Almost no wind which was surprising. Still raining. Temp has fallen to 76

yep figured you got some hail. I had the drone up here and will post some shots in a bit.

1 hour ago, NorthHillsWx said:

This storm was around 1 pm.  It has actually gotten worse outside.  90.3º, 83.7º dew point, and a "real feel" temp of 115.3º.  Can't remember when I've seen that combination here.

• jburns unpinned this topic